Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Which are the best halls at Salford? The accommodation questions megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by AWOL
I'm in the same boat regarding accomodation.

There's also waterside near cosmo but i don't think it'll be as good as the other places as they have families on site too so maybe more rules.

Lets say we apply and accept an offer for one of these flats and then on results day a space opens up in castle irwell, horlock or constantine etc, can we just switch rooms or will we lose the deposit paid on the originally booked room?

:confused:

Don't wanna end up losing 250quid before i've even got to uni

You need to look at the contracts. Most will let you cancel if it's not later than seven days after you book it.

I ended up applying and getting an offer for JL, because I'm willing to sacrifice the 'niceness' of the room so that it's a bit more social. I don't want to end up like a total loner because I'm staying in a place with 2nd/3rd years who already have friends, lol. I figure that I can move to a nicer place in the second year, when I've already made friends. :P
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Yeah, I'm in Bramall this year and we can move in on the week beginning the 12th. :smile:
Reply 82
Ok thanks, I've just applied to JL and EC so I might see you there if I get an offer. Your plan sounds good tbh.
Reply 83
Original post by AWOL
Ok thanks, I've just applied to JL and EC so I might see you there if I get an offer. Your plan sounds good tbh.

I'm sure you will. :smile: If your offer is unconditional you'll probably get an offer in the next few days.

And, yeah.. It's probably the best way to do things. I think that most people do it that way - and if they do, then it's most likely correct that the majority of people living in Cosmo are 2nd/3rd years with friends already, who've moved from JL/wherever after their first year. :tongue:

Hopefully will see you around! :smile:
Reply 84
I accepted Horlock Court and paid my deposit for it!
Well seems like there will be a few parties then lol, im up for it just not every single night! Dont think its worth paying a few more hundred quid for an en suit though, money would be better spent on beer :smile: but thats just me!
Just hope the people living there are sound and good craic!

Anyone else paid their deposit yet?
Reply 85
Ai, Horlock is the 12th aswell!
Are you guys gna move in on the 12th or leave it until a few days later?
Though freshers starts on the 19th right???
Reply 86
Yep, i don't know yet. It depends when will there be a suitable flight...
Reply 87
Just accepted Horlock Court and paid the deposit really looking forward to it and getting out of Northern Ireland for a while.
Reply 88
Where you flying from???
Reply 89
Smithy where abouts ya from in the North?
Reply 90
Right up at the very North heard of the Gaints Causeway live close to it. What about yourself Rooney?
Reply 91
Original post by _Rooney_
Ai, Horlock is the 12th aswell!
Are you guys gna move in on the 12th or leave it until a few days later?
Though freshers starts on the 19th right???

Yeah I think everybodys accommodation starts on the 12th, and from Salford's website it says freshers week starts on the 19th.
(says here: http://www.getready.salford.ac.uk/dates)

I think I'mma probably move in on the 12th lmao :tongue:
Reply 92
My contract doesn't start till 17th :frown: On the link it says fresher's/welcome week is from 12th http://www.governance.salford.ac.uk/cms/resources/uploads/File/almanac/Academic_Year_by_Week_2011-2012.pdf

Hope I don't mish freshers week!
Reply 93
Original post by k3ro
Yeah I think everybodys accommodation starts on the 12th, and from Salford's website it says freshers week starts on the 19th.
(says here: http://www.getready.salford.ac.uk/dates)

I think I'mma probably move in on the 12th lmao :tongue:

Thanx :smile:
I'm thinking of moving in on the 12th aswell and hopefully go looking for a part-time job to fund drinking :P

Geztival, i think freshers does start the 19th so your safe, would be a bit cruel if they made ya miss freshers :s-smilie:
Reply 94
Near Portrush then?
I live in Banbridge now, its in the North, Beside Newry, Complete dump mate lol!
I only know of one other person from here heading over, bound to be more though
What course ya going for?
Reply 95
Thanx :smile:
I'm thinking of moving in on the 12th aswell and hopefully go looking for a part-time job to fund drinking :P

Geztival, i think freshers does start the 19th so your safe, would be a bit cruel if they made ya miss freshers :s-smilie:

Yeah... I'm going job hunting too. :s-smilie: Hopefully going to find a part time job for my first two years. Got to save up about £8k by the time I finish my course, so I don't think I'll have much money to go out drinking a lot, lol...

Original post by geztival
My contract doesn't start till 17th :frown: On the link it says fresher's/welcome week is from 12th http://www.governance.salford.ac.uk/cms/resources/uploads/File/almanac/Academic_Year_by_Week_2011-2012.pdf

Hope I don't mish freshers week!

I'm fairly sure that 12th-18th has welcome events (like 'tea and coffee' and stuff) but freshers week actually starts on the 19th. I think the 'welcome week' is only for the people that arrive a bit early, whereas 'induction week' = freshers week.
Reply 96
Hi. i'm in Irwell too. studying mech eng. anyone know rooms yet? add me on facebook too if you want :smile:
Reply 97
Yea mate near Portrush, aye know banbridge not the worst place. lol dont know anyone going over, construction and property , what about yourself?
Reply 98
Original post by Adzy91
Hi. i'm in Irwell too. studying mech eng. anyone know rooms yet? add me on facebook too if you want :smile:

Hiya,

No I do not know what number yet, but I do know that I'm staying in the flats :smile:

Are you staying in the houses or the flats? and also to add you on facebook we kind of need your name :smile:

Hope you are doing well
Sally :smile:
Reply 99
Where you flying from???

Bulgaria, Yep the freshers week starts on 19-th till 26-th.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending