The Student Room Group

Murder at Westfield Stratford City shopping centre

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2166632/Man-24-stabbed-death-injured-large-fight-Westfield-Stratford-shopping-centre-near-Olympic-site.html

Now I am willing to bet..... only black people were involved in this.

(I haven't read the article)

Anybody agree?

Also note: "Sorry we are unable to accept comments for legal reasons.", yet for other crimes which have just happened they do allow comments. They always post this when a person is stabbed in London because the whole country knows the description of the assailant.

So when will we stamp out this black culture? How do you stamp it out?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Such an obvious troll, do you not find it sad that somebody died?
Original post by billydisco

Also note: "Sorry we are unable to accept comments for legal reasons.", yet for other crimes which have just happened they do allow comments. They always post this when a person is stabbed in London because the whole country knows the description of the assailant.

So when will we stamp out this black culture? How do you stamp it out?

Actually they did allow comments, up until the suspects were arrested. Then they blocked the comments facility because it could hinder the investigation.
Reply 3
Was there last night, very creepy when its empty, massive sections are shut off and the only people you see are police in forensic suits. Very sad :frown:
This is scary. I literally left 30mins before this happened.
Eurgh.
Reply 5
Welcome to London. Enjoy the Olympics.
I was actually at Westfield Stratford when this happened. I didn't personally see anything because I was on the other side of the shopping centre and it's a pretty huge place but I honestly wouldn't make that assumption. I'd say gangs are made up of a mixture of races in that area.
Reply 7
ffs,
not surprised it was the stratford one -_-
OP youre silly for assuming that.
Scary. I was in Stratford just yesterday, though not in Westfield but walked passed it on the tube station side, and I've been in that shopping centre a few times before. It's just really sad to hear this, that people are continuing to carry knives and attack each other like this :rip:
Stabbing people in the middle of an area which must be flooded with CCTV is pretty retarded, only a matter of time till they are arrested
Reply 10
Original post by Dr. Von Nostrand
Stabbing people in the middle of an area which must be flooded with CCTV is pretty retarded, only a matter of time till they are arrested

The people who commit these crimes don't care though. The youths involved in this gang violence feel they have nothing to loose, they know they aren't ever going to have a 9 to 5.

Its all a continuation of long running feud between rival gangs, and the worst that can happen from the attackers view is that they get arrested and get put in prison and ride their sentence with their fellow gang members.

It's just a on going circle, the gang members probably have children already. These children will grow up fatherless, just like their fathers and will follow in their footsteps.

It will continue until something drastic is done.
Original post by J.Star
The people who commit these crimes don't care though. The youths involved in this gang violence feel they have nothing to loose, they know they aren't ever going to have a 9 to 5.

Its all a continuation of long running feud between rival gangs, and the worst that can happen from the attackers view is that they get arrested and get put in prison and ride their sentence with their fellow gang members.

It's just a on going circle, the gang members probably have children already. These children will grow up fatherless, just like their fathers and will follow in their footsteps.

It will continue until something drastic is done.

Good point. It's stories like this that make me think that maybe the death penalty should return in this country, if only to act as a stronger deterrent against abhorrent crimes like this.

EDIT: This was just a spur of the moment comment, which I don't totally agree with now that I've had a conversation with other people about it. Sorry if I have offended anyone!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Good point. It's stories like this that make me think that maybe the death penalty should return in this country, if only to act as a stronger deterrent against abhorrent crimes like this.

I really, really think you missed the point.
Reply 13

Lets be honest, if you're going to murder somebody in the daytime in a shopping centre filled with security cameras, you don't care about deterrents.
Original post by You Failed
I really, really think you missed the point.

What point? Forgive me for I am actually quite tired right now :o:

It was just an idea. I suppose it might not be the best, but something really needs to be done to stop innocent people getting hurt like this.
Original post by Tobedotty
Lets be honest, if you're going to murder somebody in the daytime in a shopping centre filled with security cameras, you don't care about deterrents.

I admit I don't really know how criminals think, but maybe some will care if they know they're gonna lose their own lives permanently rather than just spend a few decades in jail.
Reply 16
I admit I don't really know how criminals think, but maybe some will care if they know they're gonna lose their own lives permanently rather than just spend a few decades in jail.

Fair play I suppose, I think the death penalty is quite a tricky topic personally - I'm not in favor but I can see why people think its a good idea. Personally my main issue with it is executing innocent people by accident (which has happened quite a bit in the past).
Original post by Tobedotty
Fair play I suppose, I think the death penalty is quite a tricky topic personally - I'm not in favor but I can see why people think its a good idea. Personally my main issue with it is executing innocent people by accident (which has happened quite a bit in the past).

OK. Let me make it clearer that I am a bit on the fence about the death penalty, in that I can see the advantages and disadvantages for it. I think I just wrote that initial comment as a spur of the moment, in that I'm angry about these crimes happening and something really needs to be done to sort it out, whether that's the death penalty or hopefully something better.

That said, it's interesting how in another thread so many people were in congratulating the father who killed his daughter's rapist (albeit by accident, but still) :holmes:
What point? Forgive me for I am actually quite tired right now :o:

The problem is not the judicial system and even if it was, introducing the death penalty is a terrible way of doing it. Look at Texas, it's pretty evident that the death penalty does not deter murder. Murderers are not reasonable, they are not thinking "I will get put in prison if I kill this person, therefore I shouldn't do it", so the fact that they could be put to death isn't going to deter them either, as they simply aren't thinking about the consequences at all.

Anyway, the point was, making the judicial system stricter will not cause gangs to suddenly disband, it will not cause feuds to disappear and it won't stop violent gang crime. Instead of excluding them further from society, they need to be brought into it. I doubt most people in gangs are violent by nature, rather its a combination of the people and environment they're brought up in, where gang life is the often the only choice. They're neglected by society, they live in impoverished regions where it's virtually impossible to get out and get into a job that can provide, and when you see the attitudes of people towards the people in these areas and people in gangs (your first reaction was not to try and help the people in gangs, it was that we should introduce the death penalty...) then it's pretty easy to see why they probably hate society itself. Society has a horrible attitude towards them and this further increases the feeling that they can never be part of it.

So the solution is not harsher judicial systems, it's reintegration. These areas need to be part of society, they need programs, youth centres, counsellors etc etc they need to be given a way out of gang life, before they can get into it. As it is, gang life is the only thing around for them and alternatives need to be provided.
Original post by Dr. Von Nostrand

You have to remember that these fools are uneducated waste of space idiots who will do anything to get "respect"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending