The Student Room Group

Uni Libraries posting books?

Not sure if in the right section, but here goes.

I was just wondering if anyone is aware if unis lend books by posting them to students at all? I know it sounds incredibly stupid, and it depends on the uni, and the answer is probably no, but I need to do my dissertation reading over the summer and the library has quite a lot of what I need, and atm I can't afford to buy my own books, so was wondering if anyone is aware of anything like this at their uni?

My uni is quite a trek away so I was wondering if the expensive train journey which would literally take all day is necessary in that case :frown:
As this would cost the uni a lot due to postage costs, I doubt it. If there is a more local university to your home, then you could ask if you could get access using your current library card, but that might not be possible if the unis aren't in partnership.

The best thing you can do, is take a trip to your uni library, borrow the books you need on as long as a loan as you can get, so you don't have to keep popping back just to renew them (some unis do longer loans over the summer for this purpose). Try eBay and amazon too, just in case you can find any used copies of the ones you need that you could sell again later.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending