The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Best building at ARU for study facilities?

Hi all, I have an offer to study medicine at ARU in September. I’d like to know which buildings are most accommodating for students (in terms of both USB-C ports, sockets, water refill facilities, toilets etc preferably all on one floor. Are there any recommendations for buildings other than the university library (I know the 3rd floor is quiet but looking for alternatives also), especially on days that I don’t have my keycard. Anon since I post here very frequently, thank you!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all, I have an offer to study medicine at ARU in September. I’d like to know which buildings are most accommodating for students (in terms of both USB-C ports, sockets, water refill facilities, toilets etc preferably all on one floor. Are there any recommendations for buildings other than the university library (I know the 3rd floor is quiet but looking for alternatives also), especially on days that I don’t have my keycard. Anon since I post here very frequently, thank you!

Hello,

Hope you are well. I am a student here at ARU studying medicine. I would say that the library is the best building because not only does it have the silent third floor but there are also individual pods on the ground floor which has ports and sockets in each pod. You can also book our rooms on the library system. There are toilets next to the library and you will pretty much find toilets on every floor in the other buildings. In the library there’s toilets on the second floor where the computer suite is located. The medical building is also a good place to revise however it is less quiet than the library, there are areas with sockets and ports on the ground floor. We have water refill stations on the first floor of the med building and on the ground floor and 2nd floor in the library. I would advise to always carry your card with you because it tracks your attendance and engagement with the course even on the days we do not have lectures. It also gives you access to rooms. The student union area 1st floor is another alternative where you can relax/study. They have a cafe downstairs and toilets are on the ground and first floor.

Hope this helps
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Also worth noting if you're at ARU in Cambridge, they have (or at least had) a study space sharing programme with the University of Cambridge where you could use some of the University of Cambridge study areas and libraries, which considerably expands your range of options (e.g. the Cambridge UL which is enormous).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending