The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

how's living in Lincoln?

Is library nice to study? I really spend my life in library so this is really important
Original post by Anonymous
Is library nice to study? I really spend my life in library so this is really important

Hi @Anonymous,
So, at Lincoln we have two libraries located on our Brayford pool campus, which are just a short walk away from one another. Like you, I spend a large proportion of my time in the library. I love a good library study session! Personally, I think both of our libraries are really nice as I alternate between using both. Firstly, we have the main university library with printing facilities, the careers and employability team, plus some study space on the ground floor. Then as you go up the floors you will find even more study spaces, desks, computer facilities, and of course books. The topfloor of this library is assigned to silent study, and throughout the building there are rooms you can book out for group or individual study. Next we have the Ross library which is located in the new Ross Lucas Medical Sciences building. This library can be used by any student, not just those studying a medical related course. This library is just spread across one floor with computer and printing facilities, study spaces and rooms, reading material, as well as dedicated spaces for silent study. Essentially they both offer the same things but they have different aesthetics so you may have a preference based on the type of environment you like to study in. Therefore, I'd suggest checking out this link : https://youtu.be/ropwcYjt19g that gives a bit of a tour, so you can try and imagine yourself in them.
You've absolutely got the right idea with asking these sort of questions, so feel free to post anymore you think of, and I wish you all the best of luck in making these decisions.
Megan H (University of Lincoln Student)
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by UniOfLincolnStudent
Hi @Anonymous,
So, at Lincoln we have two libraries located on our Brayford pool campus, which are just a short walk away from one another. Like you, I spend a large proportion of my time in the library. I love a good library study session! Personally, I think both of our libraries are really nice as I alternate between using both. Firstly, we have the main university library with printing facilities, the careers and employability team, plus some study space on the ground floor. Then as you go up the floors you will find even more study spaces, desks, computer facilities, and of course books. The topfloor of this library is assigned to silent study, and throughout the building there are rooms you can book out for group or individual study. Next we have the Ross library which is located in the new Ross Lucas Medical Sciences building. This library can be used by any student, not just those studying a medical related course. This library is just spread across one floor with computer and printing facilities, study spaces and rooms, reading material, as well as dedicated spaces for silent study. Essentially they both offer the same things but they have different aesthetics so you may have a preference based on the type of environment you like to study in. Therefore, I'd suggest checking out this link : https://youtu.be/ropwcYjt19g that gives a bit of a tour, so you can try and imagine yourself in them.
You've absolutely got the right idea with asking these sort of questions, so feel free to post anymore you think of, and I wish you all the best of luck in making these decisions.
Megan H (University of Lincoln Student)

Hi, are students allowed to use the risholme campus?

Quick Reply

Latest