The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

LLB Law at City, University of London

Hi everyone!

Welcome to our thread where you can ask any questions you may have about studying Law at City, University of Law and generally about student life. I’m Mahnoor and have just gotten done with first year of LLB Law at City. I will be able to provide you with lots of information about the course as well as the different services that the university has to offer.

To start a convo why not answer the questions below:
Where else are you thinking of applying to?
What stage are you at in your application?
How are you feeling about starting university?

Otherwise let me know if you have any specific questions and I will be happy to answer them. :smile:
Reply 1
Hi, what is the law course like at city?
Are there mostly unseen assessments or take home ones or a mix of both?
How long are the lectures generally? And finally what’s your opinion about law at city is there something you really enjoy or something that’s not as great :smile:
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
(Original post by Anonymous)Hi, what is the law course like at city?
Are there mostly unseen assessments or take home ones or a mix of both?
How long are the lectures generally? And finally what’s your opinion about law at city is there something you really enjoy or something that’s not as great :smile:

Hi!
I do find myself enjoying the law course at city. Some modules have coursework as assessment which has 6 weeks of time to be submitted, others have a 6 hour take home exam. Post-COVID, The City Law School will not go back to in person pen to paper exams! The lectures are 1 hour 50 minutes with a ten minute break at the end of the first hour. Finally, personally I am liking City and their Law program. Highly recommended!
hi, did you need to buy textbooks for the course and if so how much approx are they? - does the uni provide this online or in the library?
Original post by ksdjsjksdjs
hi, did you need to buy textbooks for the course and if so how much approx are they? - does the uni provide this online or in the library?

hiya! we get access to Kortext and every book we need for coursework is available on there for a year. other than that, there are ample amount of copies available in the library to be borrowed. i have never felt the need to spend money on buying a book!
Reply 5
hello,
i was hoping to apply through clearing but im worried about the likelihood of getting a training contract after uni as most are given to Russel group grads around 75%). what does city do to help with the employability side of things when nearing the end of the course?
Original post by med2023
hello,
i was hoping to apply through clearing but im worried about the likelihood of getting a training contract after uni as most are given to Russel group grads around 75%). what does city do to help with the employability side of things when nearing the end of the course?

Hi!

I do understand your concern and as someone who shared the same concern, I can assure you that City has ample amount of Career Support in form of employability sessions, firms coming to campus to speak with students and many further opportunities sent in during the academic year of vacation schemes, open days and even training contracts with different firms.
Do you know if you can do a GDL at the UoL after doing a degree apprenticeship for a different degree?

Original post by Mahnoor-CityUoL
Hi!

I do understand your concern and as someone who shared the same concern, I can assure you that City has ample amount of Career Support in form of employability sessions, firms coming to campus to speak with students and many further opportunities sent in during the academic year of vacation schemes, open days and even training contracts with different firms.
Original post by toxicgamage56
Do you know if you can do a GDL at the UoL after doing a degree apprenticeship for a different degree?

Hi, actually I am not too sure how it works for an apprenticeship
Reply 9
Original post by toxicgamage56

You'd have to independently fund your studies but I think doing the PGDL at BPP might be an option?
Hi everyone!

Welcome to our thread where you can ask any questions you may have about studying Law at City, University of Law and generally about student life. I’m Mahnoor and have just gotten done with first year of LLB Law at City. I will be able to provide you with lots of information about the course as well as the different services that the university has to offer.

Otherwise let me know if you have any specific questions and I will be happy to answer them. :smile:

Hi, when are the lessons staring for the new "year 1" LLB students. And how many days in a week will we be expected to visit the university?
Original post by Ahmed 002
Hi, when are the lessons staring for the new "year 1" LLB students. And how many days in a week will we be expected to visit the university?

Hey, I believe classes start from the week of October 2nd. And the week right before would be fresher's fair week. LLB students come in to campus 3-4 days a week.
Hi everyone!

heyaa what’s ur number?? i’m starting law this yr!
Hi! What were ur grades that got u into the LLB program. Thank u in advance! Also does the personal statement have a prompt? What is it about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending