The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Good morning, I don't know what they are like to work in because I'm still in high school. However, I did have a very good look around the Maughan Library last summer and it's big, beautiful, and they have lots of spaces reserved, and some carrels for grads students. I think you have to apply for carrels, so maybe you do this quickly, you might be lucky. Just guessing.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
suziestonebitch

Also, does anyone know how easy it is to gain admission to the British library as a student in London? :redface: Thanks x

I think you have to make an appointment, if you're a student it won't be difficult.
Reply 3
The Senate House Library is the central library of the Uni of London. It's collection is very impressive and, more importantly, is based on humanities and social sciences to a large extent.
There are always lots of students working in the library around exam periods.
It's generally easy to find a nice area to work in. :smile:
Reply 5
Maughan Library is a good place to work, and for postgrads there are lovely private study carrels available in the tower.
There is also fairly easy access to the other Colleges and Institutes of the University of London.
Admission to the BL as a student is very easy. Just take proof of studentship and ID and they give you a readers ticket for a year. It has its limitations though, as you have to give them a good hour to fetch the books for you.

Latest