these are what I wear when I go out lol

Spoiler

Original post by PinkMobilePhone
these are what I wear when I go out lol

Spoiler

I would run if someone liked that walked towards me :hand:
Original post by Derrick1509
I would run if someone liked that walked towards me :hand:

I doubt you'd be in a rock night club anyway with an attitude like that, so it hardly matters, given that I never go to townie clubs.
I doubt you'd be in a rock night club anyway with an attitude like that, so it hardly matters, given that I never go to townie clubs.

What would happen if a "townie" went in a rock night club?
Original post by Wilfred Little
What would happen if a "townie" went in a rock night club?

nothing - loads do go in the one I go in actually. I'm not entirely sure why they go, as they look rather uncomfortable, but hey ho it's up to them.
Reply 127
I always used to feel really out of place if I wasn't dressed up or wearing a ton of make up, however I've been out fairly dressed down and gotten attention of lads, it's not really why i go out tbh. If anything it's other girls that make you feel like **** when they look at you for not being dressed the same as them, it used to make me quite self conscious but I don't really care now.
nothing - loads do go in the one I go in actually. I'm not entirely sure why they go, as they look rather uncomfortable, but hey ho it's up to them.

Fair enough, just wondered cos I without realising it was a rock/goth sort of bar went in once on the way home for a drink and a couple of people made comments outside but they were drunk, haha.
Fair enough, just wondered cos I without realising it was a rock/goth sort of bar went in once on the way home for a drink and a couple of people made comments outside but they were drunk, haha.

generally people don't bat an eyelid who comes in, though they do tend to turn people away at the door who are wearing chav attire. Though I'm not fond of bars personally - I like to actually be able to dance.
If I go on a night out and don't get mistaken for a prostitute, I consider my outfit a failure.

Seriously though, when going out I dress for a mixture of practicality and confidence. When I'm going to be dancing in a club I get hot, so I don't want to wear thick jumpers and jeans. I also don't want to feel frumpy and unattractive. I don't go out with the intention of getting anyone's attention, but that doesn't mean I don't want to feel nice in myself. I wear things that I think make me look alright. People may disagree but meh, you can't please everyone. People need to accept that in life, you won't like everyone, and not everyone will like you. Would stop a considerable amount of whining about trivial things like what someone else wears.
Reply 131
Original post by Movember
at least you are directly admitting that you do this and you do this because you love the attention. unlike some of the girls who have got defensive. do you wonder what its like for guys? they cant dress provocatively and get the same attention a girl can. for a shy guy, even one who is decent-ish looking, he could go his whole life never getting attention but a girl can slip on a tight dress and its fine for her.

It's really not as simple as that, trust me I've been going out for about 3 years now and it's really not just a short dress that picks up a guy. I always make an effort and it's really rare that I get any attention further than a pinched arse. Although actually it totally sucks to go out when you've consciously made a huge effort, yet don't look like a slag, and get no attention.
(edited 11 years ago)
I usually wear a bodycon mini dress that sits at mid thigh, with hold up stockings and high heels (not stripper type heels). I always position the stocking tops at the top of my thighs hidden under my dress, they never slip down. People think im wearing tights until i sit down.
Is that considered a cheap/easy look to the people of this forum?
Theres a lot of girls who wear very short mini dresses with the fake stocking tights with the pretend suspender belts, ive always thought that looks trashy, yet its become a fashion thing..
Reply 133
I don't think girls want to look cheap easy. Most girls really don't have much fashion..no matter what they think
Do you all girls want to dress like muslims or what?? Yes, you do look cheap, but that's why i like British girls!
Reply 135
Thank goodness I'm not a female person. It sounds rubbish.
I think its mixture of things e.g. confidence, feeling attractive, attention but I think it’s mainly due to social pressure. If most people are honest they don’t like to be different so if all their friends are wearing a similar style of clothing they will too. It’s a catch 22 situation - if 4 out of 5 girls in the group want to wear clothes that are less revealing they won’t unless someone makes the first move which they won’t because that would make them different if that makes sense.
Original post by rosee92
It's really not as simple as that, trust me I've been going out for about 3 years now and it's really not just a short dress that picks up a guy. I always make an effort and it's really rare that I get any attention further than a pinched arse. Although actually it totally sucks to go out when you've consciously made a huge effort, yet don't look like a slag, and get no attention.

This.

I don't go out for attention - I go out for fun with my friends and I just like to dress up and feel better about myself. I'm tall - 5'8" and wear 3-4" heels so I end up around nearly 6ft. I have long legs and am not conscious about them so I'll wear a shorter dress/skirt to show them off. Other than that - I'm entirely covered. Most of the time I'll even take a cardigan out with me and it rarely comes off.

I disagree with men saying they prefer the less slutty look. I don't dress slutty and I can assure you I don't get anywhere near as much attention as the "slutty" dressed women. Maybe those on this forum do but on a general night out that's not what you're going to find.

Perhaps I seem unapproachable? I'm unsure but whatever the case if I am spoken to it's by someone trying to get laid and when they realise it's not going to happen they move on to someone else - so you can rarely even find someone other than those you're out with to have a decent conversation with.
Original post by Peachtwist
This.

I don't go out for attention - I go out for fun with my friends and I just like to dress up and feel better about myself. I'm tall - 5'8" and wear 3-4" heels so I end up around nearly 6ft. I have long legs and am not conscious about them so I'll wear a shorter dress/skirt to show them off. Other than that - I'm entirely covered. Most of the time I'll even take a cardigan out with me and it rarely comes off.

I disagree with men saying they prefer the less slutty look. I don't dress slutty and I can assure you I don't get anywhere near as much attention as the "slutty" dressed women. Maybe those on this forum do but on a general night out that's not what you're going to find.

Perhaps I seem unapproachable? I'm unsure but whatever the case if I am spoken to it's by someone trying to get laid and when they realise it's not going to happen they move on to someone else - so you can rarely even find someone other than those you're out with to have a decent conversation with.

Take it from me, when you're dressed slutty, all men will do is look at you and think "she looks easy, I'll go talk to her". You will never be considered worthy of dating if you're dressed like a slut on a night out, men won't take you seriously for that. Seriously. You might think they fancy you but they don't, they're just on a night out and looking for the easiest shag they can find. That's why the women dressed in slutty attire get the attention, why waste your time on someone who looks like you'd have to date for a while before shagging them when you can talk to someone else and shag her on the same night?

The reason why you don't get as much attention when you're not dressed slutty is because you look like too much hard work to "pull", a challenge basically, and men will probably be intimidated by you. Basically you're right when you say it's probably because seem unapproachable but that could be a good thing. I know a girl who is absolutely gorgeous, stunning even, yet when she does go out, she covers up and receives little attention from men. They're all intimidated by her, they don't think they stand a chance etc... men will tell a girl on a night out who they think is average looking or even ugly that they think they're sexy if it will get them a shag. Getting attention on a night out isn't necessarily a good thing believe it or not.

When men on this forum say they prefer a woman to dress modestly, or not like a slut, they're talking from a relationship perspective. When you're on a night out and the slutty dressers are getting the attention, the men aren't looking for a relationship.
(edited 11 years ago)
Take it from me, when you're dressed slutty, all men will do is look at you and think "she looks easy, I'll go talk to her". You will never be considered worthy of dating if you're dressed like a slut on a night out, men won't take you seriously for that. Seriously. You might think they fancy you but they don't, they're just on a night out and looking for the easiest shag they can find. That's why the women dressed in slutty attire get the attention, why waste your time on someone who looks like you'd have to date for a while before shagging them when you can talk to someone else and shag her on the same night?

Oh I know - I have an ex friend who quite honestly IS easy, looked it and acted it. When I denied someone, they'd go to her. Sounds like I'm up myself but she was always quite honest about it but she would then complain she couldn't get a boyfriend. I told her on numerous occassions that you won't find a relationship dressed like a hooch, acting like a hooch and on a night out. It just doesn't happen.

My favourite is when they try to tell me it wouldn't be a one night stand as if I'm an idiot. I laugh, hand them my number and say "Okay, call me." I don't actually expect a call but it makes it very clear that I'm not going home with them.

The reason why you don't get as much attention when you're not dressed slutty is because you look like too much hard work to "pull", a challenge basically, and men will probably be intimidated by you. Basically you're right when you say it's probably because seem unapproachable but that could be a good thing. I know a girl who is absolutely gorgeous, stunning even, yet when she does go out, she covers up and receives little attention from men. They're all intimidated by her, they don't think they stand a chance etc... men will tell a girl on a night out who they think is average looking or even ugly that they think they're sexy if it will get them a shag. Getting attention on a night out isn't necessarily a good thing believe it or not.

I agree - I think it's a good thing. Very few pests on a night out when seeming to be unapproachable. I don't mind having a conversation with someone though - that's the one thing I dislike about being so seemingly unapproachable is that even meeting someone new as a friend seems to be impossible. Likely though because as we've stated they just want laid.

When men on this forum say they prefer a woman to dress modestly, or not like a slut, they're talking from a relationship perspective. When you're on a night out and the slutty dressers are getting the attention, the men aren't looking for a relationship.

This makes more sense. I was confused as to why someone could say going out at night they'd prefer someone entirely covered over when you never see men go for that type. In a relationship stand point though - I can totally understand that.

Latest