The Student Room Group

Fair Skin verses Dark Skin

Scroll to see replies

What I find surprising is how amazing the british asian girls are here, whether fair or dark skins compared to back in south Asia...
Reply 101
Original post by anillatoo
What I find surprising is how amazing the british asian girls are here, whether fair or dark skins compared to back in south Asia...

What do you mean? How are the girls in Asia any less amazing?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by sarahthegemini
Oh for heaven's sake, why does everything have to be a competition? This verses that. Why can't people accept that some people are light skinned and some people are dark skinned. There is no need for a debate on the matter :lolwut:

*Life is a competition.
*Top males are in demand.
*If you are pretty you have a better chance of being with a top male.
Original post by im so academic
*Life is a competition.

FFS, not everything comes down to getting a man!
*Life is a competition.

Top Males. :rofl2:

same applies to women too. :holmes:
Original post by sarahthegemini
FFS, not everything comes down to getting a man!

Actually it does. It's the purpose of life, isn't it? :puppyeyes:

:colonhash:

Original post by Spontogical
Top Males. :rofl2:

same applies to women too. :holmes:

Some males are better than others.
Actually it does. It's the purpose of life, isn't it? :puppyeyes:

:colonhash:

Some males are better than others.

I do agree with the second statement. :tongue:
Black skin > White skin, just for the fact that if I was black I wouldn't need suncream when it's sunny.

And beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
(edited 11 years ago)
I don't know my skin colour :/ I've always had tanned skin from the day I was born, and my dad has the same thing and he was born a darker coloured skin, but the rest of our family is white... Anyway, my skin will be a dark tanned colour, but I spend a short time in the sun and it goes really really dark... And I don't know, I get loads of compliments on my skin colour because it's dark and I think I look Ill if my face looks even slightly paler... Some people can look nice with light skin, others look better with dark...

Included picture so people can get an idea of my skin colour..

Reply 109
I dont agree with this headline as people can be beautiful no matter what colour they are, and I do think you were harsh and if I was your friend I WOULD TAKE OFFENCE.
Original post by LeaX
It's the same with being pale, though. I get told I look ill and that I should go on a sun bed. :s-smilie:

To be honest, I don't think skin colour determines attractiveness at all. I've never looked at someone and thought 'if only they were darker/paler' (apart from girls who have been Tango'd). People should just appreciate their natural colour because I bet there are loads of people using fake tans/skin lighteners to try and achieve what they naturally have. :smile:

I agree, there are attractive people of all skin colours, I don't believe there is one which is superior to the rest. People may be attracted to a certain skin colour, but that's their opinion and the next person may have a totally different view.
Original post by Pyramidologist
Physical attraction is linked more to bone morphology than superficial traits like skin pigmentation.

Dark skinned girls are only attractive if they have Caucasoid craniofacial features.

source?
Reply 112
Original post by PHIBISCULE
I agree with you in some ways. But I wouldn't really describe certain countries in the middle east as asian. For instance, the entire Levantine region (Syria, Israel, Lebanon, Palestine etc) are pretty much on the fringes of europe and it shows in their features.

I think due to cultural factors and probably just the plain fact that they are on the continent of Asia, I'd consider them Asian. But I do appreciate what you're saying.

I think in regards however to a country say such as Afghanistan which Brits would consider more Central Asian even south Asian mostly and Americans etc would consider Middle Eastern and Central Asian, in regards to the Pashtuns/Tajiks a majority have features that are considered 'European' but this can't be attributed to being close to Europe. ( Though of course one could argue their features are more a result of Macedonian and other invaders mixing with the local population) and thus again refutes the point about these 'standard Asian features' when the continent is such a mix.

( Sorry :tongue: the second part mostly isn'trelevant to you, but an afterthought to my original point in reply to whoever it was)
It's funny how you get Pale people fake-tanning as they want to be darker, and feel their skin is too light and pasty; whilst darker people are using skin lightening creams to become lighter in skin tone. Are we ever happy with our bodies lol?

Original post by moonietoot
What do you mean? How are the girls in Asia any less amazing?

Let's just say I don't fancy their oily and scruffy hair and a very bad dress sense! Plus, most of them are fat!
I agreed with the heading. I was amongst my friends that consisted of fair skinned and dark skinned girls

That's a bit foolish, of course that would be offensive. But it's a paradoxical dilemma, we all want what we can't have.

I see white girls running around like crazy tanning, risking skin cancer to seem darker as they think being pale is unattractive.

At the same time, I see dark girls running around like crazy bleaching their skin and using fairness creams and whatnot to seem lighter.
I'm a Pakistani myself, but I woudn't consider myself as "dark" neither "fair", what matters is that I'm proud of my skin complexion and I wouldn't consider myself as "ugly" but wouldn't say that I'm extremly beautiful either. I'm just happy with my skin colour and proud. I think people who have darker skin are attractive too.
Reply 117
Hello everyone,

I am doing my Masters thesis project at LCC about skin, beauty and lightening and would be really interested to conduct some interviews and possibly take some pictures (only if you are also willing to let me do this) to understand peoples' experiences of lightening their skin, whether positive or negative. Please get in touch if you would like to discuss this further and see how you might like to participate in this project. In return for your help I would be willing to give a free mini portrait session and credits in the final project if you would like. I am also looking for people with strong opinions on the subject, negative or positive, or anyone that knows of anyone who would be a good participant in the project. I am based in London, UK, but am willing to travel across the UK to meet participants

Thanks in advance,
Rebecca
Reply 118
I have always found it disgustingly amazing how some people may consider darker skinned girls as less attractive. Where is the logic in that? Some of the most beautiful women in the world are asian and black.

As a make up artist I see beauty in every woman regardless of skin tone and colour. And seriously, all of that asian caste system and if your darker then it means you go out and work in the sun etc.. WTH? What has your colour got anything to do with your class? And I find it even more amazing when people complain of racism when it exists in their own race!!!

When will people learn to look beyond skin colour and race?
(edited 11 years ago)
I've got Mocha coloured skin, is that enough to get me a Caucasian girlfriend?

Quick Reply

Latest