The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sarcastic_Sazza
Lol, I don't actually believe it. I just want to know why my friends suppported it so much.

I'd you're south Asian, many believe that it can cause you to have blotchy skin (not true) Jews aren't allowed it

Mum asked me what on earth on doing when I had milk after fish and I'm like "Look
Nothing happened" !
so all those people that have eaten at red lobster with those cheesy buttermilk rolls and then feasted on fish and shellfish...it's too late for them isn't it. Red Lobster has been poisoning the world!!! Go get them! Expose them for the evil corporation that they are!
yes it is true I've seen it with my own eyes, so it shouldn't be done
I am jewish. Religiously jews can have fish and milk together. Our all time favorite is bagel, lox (salmon) and cream cheese. We are forbidden to have meat and milk together but fish is fine. I have vitiligo. I came across this site because I noticed after eating tuna on my salad with feta cheese and cheddar cheese that I got an itch on my thumb and then a white spot appeared. Now I'm thinking there may be something to this and I'm avoiding the two together.
As per science Milk has a cooling effect and fish have a heating effect, their combination creates an imbalance that can lead to chemical changes in our body.
Scientifically, there is only one reason to avoid this food combination, i.e, if you are allergic to either of the products.
Original post by laura1234
surely if it was proven to cause skin damage then things like fish pie and fish in breadcrumbs where milk is used to bind everything together would be taken off the shelves? Like those crazy food colourings in smarties. It's a load of rubbish.

So ever seen a fish swimming in Milk?
Original post by Sarcastic_Sazza
Okay, first off, MODs this question covers a range of areas so I wasn't too sure where to put it. Feel free to move where appropriate :smile:
I recently got into an argument with friends about this. They claimed that when eaten together, fish and milk can cause pigmentation of the skin. I personally believe it's an old wives tale.
I've also heard, from a religious perspective that Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Catholics believe it does have negative effects. Can people from these religious backgrounds please clarify this as I don't actually know for sure.
Also, is it medically proven/disproven? As a future doctor, I'd love to know the answer to this.
So views, opinions, beliefs welcome :smile: I'd just like to know if I was right or wrong :smile:

Its the proteins. Mixing fish proteins with animal protein causes toxicity in the gut. It aborbs into the tissues and can manifest over the years causing dis-ease. This is partly how our bodies turn from ease to dis-ease. We are all mostly born into this world in working order. Bad food combining is the main cause of toxicity in the body.
Why would anyone think of putting a dead fish from the sea into a tray and then milk a cow and cook the fish in the calf milk? People will be eating dead cow wrapped in a dead pig next coated with fermenting cheese in between some bread!!!…
(edited 1 month ago)

Latest