The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Post this here too:

http://www.ofqual.gov.uk/files/2012-05-09-maintaining-standards-in-summer-2012.pdf

From that, will A Level grade boundaries still be judged by the way the whole country performs, or from the performance will the boundaries be capped so only a certain percentage achieves each grade?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Jellybeany
I live near keele :smile: what did you like about the uni?

:smile:

:smile: The whole campus and the fact it's kind of in its own little bubble :bubbles:

:sexface:
Original post by wibletg
Oh sorry, I skipped a few pages after the number of posts exploded :tongue:

Don't think I could deal with little kids tbh.

I had 22 today, aged between 3-9ish. Similar numbers for the next few days. Thursday I have well over 30. Keeping them entertained for 7 straight hours is not the easiest feat :biggrin:
Original post by smokew33d
i just want to know if there is a higher suicide rate due to results day, if you think im a troll then guess what? I dont give a ****.

You're polite. Well, for your information, I have a source to back up what I said earlier, but because you behave like that, I'm not going to tell you :h: now sit in the naughty corner and be quiet.

EDIT: :teehee: , DanielMartin, if this is you and your numerous other accounts, there'll be trouble :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3984
Original post by thompsonic7
I had 22 today, aged between 3-9ish. Similar numbers for the next few days. Thursday I have well over 30. Keeping them entertained for 7 straight hours is not the easiest feat :biggrin:

How do you do it? :lol:
Reply 3985
Original post by mathsclown
Post this here too:

http://www.ofqual.gov.uk/files/2012-05-09-maintaining-standards-in-summer-2012.pdf

From that, will A Level grade boundaries still be judged by the way the whole country performs, or from the performance will the boundaries be capped so only a certain percentage achieves each grade?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

It's still judged on how everyone does - it just means that the top 8.2% get an A*, the top 27% get an A and so on and so forth.

Entirely dependent on the exams and the intelligence of our year really :tongue:

I think I'd have ended up roundhouse kicking them in the face :tongue:

What do you do?
Reply 3986
Original post by When you see it...
Do you need any for Edexcel?

Do you have Edexcel physics by any chance? :smile:
Original post by Arva
How do you do it? :lol:

I think it helps that my maturity level isn't much higher than theirs :biggrin:

Honestly though, people always ask me that and other than the obvious tiredness/loss of voice that comes with it, I love every second of it. I can't imagine not doing it...
Reply 3988
I am being stalked...:nodots:
Reply 3989
Original post by mahjongmagic
A little bit, but I don't think the clearing places for English uni's go live until A-Level results day just the Scottish ones. I do agree about the extra time they get though...

oh good so not as unfair then, still they have more preparation time but ah well, still will be good to see how they all do in terms of getting in
Reply 3990
I think it helps that my maturity level isn't much higher than theirs :biggrin:

Honestly though, people always ask me that and other than the obvious tiredness/loss of voice that comes with it, I love every second of it. I can't imagine not doing it...

Always a plus! :lol:

Aww, you definitely sound cut out to be a teacher.
Reply 3991
Original post by . .

:gah: Hate it when that happens.
Original post by . .

By who? :tongue:
Reply 3993
Original post by SecretCircus
I want it to come now but I don't at the same time. If that even makes sense.

Im just impatient. Been bothering me long enough how it is. Plus i want to plan my stuff for Uni, and my powerlifting competitions since two are in close range of Newcastle.
Original post by Futurism
Do you have Edexcel physics by any chance? :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2074758
I can upload seperately if you can't access it.

Originally Posted by thompsonic7

I had 22 today, aged between 3-9ish. Similar numbers for the next few days. Thursday I have well over 30. Keeping them entertained for 7 straight hours is not the easiest feat

How do you do it?

I hate kids. I don't envy teachers, If I was to become a primary school teacher ... there would be alot of kids leaving that school in body bags. :biggrin:
Original post by katie55
oh good so not as unfair then, still they have more preparation time but ah well, still will be good to see how they all do in terms of getting in

Definitely observing their thread tomorrow, see how they get on.

Hopefully, they'll do very well indeed :h:
Reply 3997
Original post by DanielMartin
I hate kids. I don't envy teachers, If I was to become a primary school teacher ... there would be alot of kids leaving that school in body bags. :biggrin:

:K: That's a bit far isn't it?
Original post by mahjongmagic
:smile: The whole campus and the fact it's kind of in its own little bubble :bubbles:

I love bubbles! :h:

Edit: The neg was from CF25.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3999
Original post by SecretDuck
I love bubbles! :h:

How are your four birds doing today? :parrot::parrot::parrot::parrot:

Latest