Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Official A-Level Results Day Discussion 2012! (16/08/2012) MK II

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahjongmagic)
    Find a babelfish perhaps?

But seriously, I need to learn a language other than English. I'm part Cantonese as well so that doesn't make it any better when I go to see my dad's side of the family and I can't understand a word of what they're saying

:sexface:
    I can empathise on the language front. I should be able to speak Urdu and Punjabi. I can't. And I sound terrible when I try. If you find a babelfish, send one my way please
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)
    Right you beautiful bunch of people I'm off for the night, don't leave me too much to catch up on :cool:

May the :sexface: live on through you

Good night :yawn:

(Original post by SecretCircus)
    Ah, that's a good idea :sexface:. Haha I know exactly how you feel, both my parents are from India and I literally have no idea what anyone's saying when we go to family gatherings! It's so bad and I should really know the language, but I was never brought up with it.
    Neither was I, though my dad tried to give me and my brothers lessons. They were a miserable failure but I wouldn't mind trying again some time in the future.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good night :yawn:

Neither was I, though my dad tried to give me and my brothers lessons. They were a miserable failure but I wouldn't mind trying again some time in the future.
    My parents actually said there wasn't much point in teaching me when I was younger, but I would quite like to learn some now - I guess I wasn't bothered about it before because I speak English all the time. I've picked up some phrases and words but I couldn't hold a conversation with someone beyond "Hello, how are you?" :lol:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smason5)
    Hello
    Hello
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    My parents actually said there wasn't much point in teaching me when I was younger, but I would quite like to learn some now - I guess I wasn't bothered about it before because I speak English all the time. I've picked up some phrases and words but I couldn't hold a conversation with someone beyond "Hello, how are you?" :lol:
    This, so much. I've also learnt "Thank you" for Chinese New Year, 1-20 and "my name is...." so not exactly the best repotia for living in Hong Kong (if I ever went for more than 2 weeks) :lol: :parrot:

• 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Galaxy counters confuse me.
    They aint like minstrels
    Nor like chocolate buttons.

What is this witchcraft!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Victoria Pendleton gold medal! :sexface:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Futurism)
    I almost screamed at my TV I was that excited .
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really want creme brulee.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see it on the floor along with the rest of her clothes :sexface:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    :woo:

Also, as part Cantonese, I was very pleased to see the Hong Kong cyclist get a bronze medal.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)
    I already have A*A* in Hebrew/ Japanese

For economics/ history (A2) I'm predicted AB

Human biology AS predicted an A

not sure about general B/C maybe
    so.. basically youre predicted amazing results!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    This, so much. I've also learnt "Thank you" for Chinese New Year, 1-20 and "my name is...." so not exactly the best repotia for living in Hong Kong (if I ever went for more than 2 weeks) :lol: :parrot:

Hahaha, it's nice to know that someone feels the same way as me! I've been to India for a month before about 3 years ago and it was so difficult. My mum's side of the family all speak English but I felt bad for making them speak it. You do pick up bits and pieces when you're out there though, so maybe I should just stay there for a few months!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi!)
    I really want creme brulee.
    make one!
    and post a pic of it
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parry_93)
    Galaxy counters confuse me.
    They aint like minstrels
    Nor like chocolate buttons.

What is this witchcraft!!!

Are they minstrels but without the crispy bit? I always used to bite the shell off, wait for them to dry out and then eat just the chocolate :lol:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, it's nice to know that someone feels the same way as me! I've been to India for a month before about 3 years ago and it was so difficult. My mum's side of the family all speak English but I felt bad for making them speak it. You do pick up bits and pieces when you're out there though, so maybe I should just stay there for a few months!
    Not a bad idea, perhaps I should spend some time abroad as part of my degree in Hong Kong...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hevlar.kelmet)
    I'd like to see it on the floor along with the rest of her clothes :sexface:
    Jess Ennis is on later too :sexface:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madders94)
    Are they minstrels but without the crispy bit? I always used to bite the shell off, wait for them to dry out and then eat just the chocolate :lol:
    Yep thats them!!

• 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not a bad idea, perhaps I should spend some time abroad as part of my degree in Hong Kong...
    Do it
Updated: August 12, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.