The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sorry M3 is HARDER than M2; no I am not trying to be funny.
Reply 21
Worzo
it makes you think hard enough to easily cope with any undergrad mechanics.

really?
Reply 22
C1=boring
C2=requires attention... just...
C3=interesting
C4=thought-inducing.
darkenergy
Sorry M3 is HARDER than M2; no I am not trying to be funny.

Err why would it be anything other than ordinary for the later module to be harder than the earlier module:confused:?
It may be just me.... (Or Edexcel :p: )
Reply 25
*soph*
Oh good. I got 100 in C1 and C2 so it's obviously doable, and got 97 in C3, C4 hasn't been too bad so far. Not looking forward to M2 though :frown:

Same here. I got 100 in C1 and C2 (and 97 in C3 - what a coincidence!).
Reply 26
c4 integration :frown: other than that its ok and c3 trig is evil other than that its ok differentiation is quite interesting butthe trig is quite long and cumbersome and so will integrating it in c4 they dont happen to give you the integration booklet in the exam do they eg integrate sin and you get cos
Reply 27
investor
c4 integration :frown: other than that its ok and c3 trig is evil other than that its ok differentiation is quite interesting butthe trig is quite long and cumbersome and so will integrating it in c4 they dont happen to give you the integration booklet in the exam do they eg integrate sin and you get cos

Intergration becomes pretty easy after you practice a lot, but c4 vectors really piss me off some of the questions are worded so bad.
Reply 28
darkenergy
Yes. Core 2 is HARDER than Core 4

How on earth is that even possible? :confused: Agree with the C4 integration though...
Reply 29
darkenergy
C2 is harder than C4;

Ok.... wth...

C3 is way harder than C2. C4 is way harder than C3. PLEASE someone agree with me!
Reply 30
I agree with each module they get harder yes. Looking at the As results however many people seem to do just as well sometimes better in c2 than c1. That makes me think in C2 the ums comes more into play than c1. C3 isnt too bad after practice but i only find vectors and partial fractions easy in c4 lol!
C3 trig is tricky, but rest of the book is straightforward. C4 is actually quite a short book, i only have chapters 3 & 6 left to do and i've only spent 3 weeks on it. Vectors can be tricky, dont know about integration yet, but the rest of the book is easy so far.
Reply 32
Why are people finding vectors tricky? is it that hard?
yes and no. Like Malik said, some of the questions are worded in such a way that you sit there thinking, "hmmm so what are they looking for and where do a i start?"
just practice i guess

Latest