The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Etoile
I have! :love: :love: :love:

They are going to play reasonably near me (i.e. in my county :lol:) and the tickets sold out before I could get any </3

!! It is very good. A personal favourite of mine is Below My Feet, followed then by Hopeless Wanderer. Hopeless Wanderer, Broken Crown then Below My Feet is an incredible part of the album. ^_^

I read that as country, and had a little think to myself when you could have moved, and how you seemed to treat it as if...yeah. My eyes aren't doing too well today, cheers cold, no glasses and too much reading. :tongue:

Original post by Llewellyn
Lol reminds me of some of my old Dr Who Fanfic...

The problem I have is that I keep bending my characters to better fit with the plot, or to create more interesting situations. I suppose I should be just more careful with everything. For example, one of my main notes for a character was "Does not make hasty decisions" - which I just flat out contradicted :facepalm:

Hmm, I suppose that's a fair approach. It would mean the world to me however if just one person could enjoy my story. That would increase my satisfaction levels a million times over.

*Goes back to writing*

Well, be very sure to send it my way when it is done! What type of novel is it? Fantasy, crime, sci-fi etc? :smile:
Reply 7981

The problem I have is that I keep bending my characters to better fit with the plot, or to create more interesting situations. I suppose I should be just more careful with everything. For example, one of my main notes for a character was "Does not make hasty decisions" - which I just flat out contradicted :facepalm:

Hmm, I suppose that's a fair approach. It would mean the world to me however if just one person could enjoy my story. That would increase my satisfaction levels a million times over.

*Goes back to writing*

I used to write Twilight fanfic. Oh the cringe. :lol: Although if 50 Shades is anything to go by, the market for that is quite lucrative. :lol:
Hmm. Which do you come up with first, the plot or the characters? Maybe you just need to plan the plot more carefully so you don't end up in situations like that.
Very true, and for business purposes it's always useful to analyse products that are already successful and figure out what makes them so popular. In this case, you might want to look at features of popular books in the genre that you're writing and see why people like them, then try to manufacture a similar type of thing but with your own unique story. :smile:

*Goes back to writing*

I'd love to see it too! Not being a writer myself, reading fanfics used to be one of my favourite things... I'd like to go back to them :smile:
Reply 7983
Original post by Etoile
I used to write Twilight fanfic. Oh the cringe. :lol: Although if 50 Shades is anything to go by, the market for that is quite lucrative. :lol:

Oh dear.................................................oh deary dear....

I can't imagine Llewellyn writing anything remotely Twilightesque or 50 shades ( fanfic of a fanfic...odd). XD
Be sure to practise your 'mental jiujitsu', Douglas Adams would have sworn to it getting you out of situations like the above.
Oh, physics homework, why are you taking so long to finish....
Reply 7986
Original post by Oromis263
Be sure to practise your 'mental jiujitsu', Douglas Adams would have sworn to it getting you out of situations like the above.

Have you registered to do the cipher challenge?
chipturtle
x

Panda and Hedgehog. :sogood:
Original post by bananarama2
Have you registered to do the cipher challenge?

I think my philosophy tutor's son won the national cipher challenge last year...
Reply 7989
Original post by Blutooth
I think my philosophy tutor's son won the national cipher challenge last year...

The King Edward's School person?
Original post by Oromis263

Well, be very sure to send it my way when it is done! What type of novel is it? Fantasy, crime, sci-fi etc? :smile:

Sci-fi of course! It's quite dark though.

*If I complete it* that is. I've just started re-editing most of the first few thousand words because I need to change some things around.
Reply 7991
Oh dear.................................................oh deary dear....

I can't imagine Llewellyn writing anything remotely Twilightesque or 50 shades ( fanfic of a fanfic...odd). XD

Of course what I write is stylistically waaaaaaay better than Stephenie Meyer :tongue: Fanfic is actually a pretty good writing exercise in that you have to guess how the character would react ^^
Llewellyn writing light erotica :teehee:
Reply 7992
Original post by Etoile
Of course what I write is stylistically waaaaaaay better than Stephenie Meyer :tongue: Fanfic is actually a pretty good writing exercise in that you have to guess how the character would react ^^

I wouldn't put anything past you!

You know what happens when erotica is mentioned on this thread! I should't have said anything.
Reply 7993
I wouldn't put anything past you!

You know what happens when erotica is mentioned on this thread! I should't have said anything.

Hehehe, no everything I write is PG :P
In the context of another conversation I am having, you have no idea :lolwut:
Original post by Appeal to reason
Went to a party and drank far too much. I went upstairs and passed out, woke up and my eyebrow was shaved off. :frown:

:console: Have found out the idiots who did it?
Original post by silentlife
:console: Have found out the idiots who did it?

Apparently it was the host's uncle - it wasn't just my friends there, my friend's family was there too.
Original post by Etoile

Oi, I'm not a robot you know.

Spoiler

And my story has a romance *humph*
Reply 7997

Spoiler

:rofl: :moon:

Awww :cute:
Original post by Appeal to reason
Apparently it was the host's uncle - it wasn't just my friends there, my friend's family was there too.

Some old kid needs to grow up (and maybe get a life too). :colonhash:

Spoiler

Is it a fanfic of some hentai (like 50 shades or what ever it's called). :teehee:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by silentlife
Is it a fanfic of some hentai (like 50 shades or what ever it's called). :teehee:

Nope it's "original" (facepalms)

I may post a prologue at some point, although I haven't written a prologue :awesome:

Latest