The Student Room Group

Unsure how to resit

I want to retake my three A-levels. My current school won't let me re-enroll for Year 13 or resit the exams as they're not an open centre. I want to do my (OCR) geography NEA and fieldwork again. I was wondering, if I resit as a private student, how do predicted grades work? How does getting to use a word processor as part of access arrangements work? How can I redo my geography NEA and fieldwork as a private student (alternatively I could just carry forward my marks but they're not great)? And how do I find schools/centres that will let me re-enroll for Year 13? Should I do this?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Even if you resit on your own, you will need an exam centre to actually sit the exam at.
So you need to call all the local schools and colleges and see who offers this facility.

For predicted grades, if you do not have a tutor helping you with study then some Unis may accept an application without them - but they will want an academic reference. Your previous school may be willing to provide this for you - so you need to ask them about this.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Even if you resit on your own, you will need an exam centre to actually sit the exam at.
So you need to call all the local schools and colleges and see who offers this facility.

For predicted grades, if you do not have a tutor helping you with study then some Unis may accept an application without them - but they will want an academic reference. Your previous school may be willing to provide this for you - so you need to ask them about this.

Can my old teachers input predicted grades too if they want?
Also, am I right that it's too late for colleges/sixth forms to let me enroll into their Year 13 cohort (and they probably don't allow that anyway as I'm older now).
If I can't get my old school to give predicted grades and I want them, who else can do it and how much does it cost?
Reply 3
Original post by NightCap
1) Can my old teachers input predicted grades too if they want?
2) Also, am I right that it's too late for colleges/sixth forms to let me enroll into their Year 13 cohort (and they probably don't allow that anyway as I'm older now).
3) If I can't get my old school to give predicted grades and I want them, who else can do it and how much does it cost?

1) Yes they could - but may be reluctant to do this since they are not currently teaching you.
2) That is entirely up to each school.
3) You can't just pay some random body to give you predicted grades. If you email and explain to Unis when you apply to them, many (not all) will work out something based on your previous performance etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending