Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Congratulations on the thread upgrade! :sexface:
Original post by SrijanParmeshwar
I looked at the different swords and epee looks the best :tongue:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=1985859

My ranking is low :facepalm:
:hi:

Dreading starting year 13, even more so if I get disappointing results! The thought of A2s and applying for uni and stuff after doing nothing all summer is just... :afraid:
Original post by ktlaurenroe
:hi:

Dreading starting year 13, even more so if I get disappointing results! The thought of A2s and applying for uni and stuff after doing nothing all summer is just... :afraid:

I agree, I'm beginning to get scared :frown: what a-levels you taking?
Anyone have twitter?
Reply 85
It is definitely a necessary addition to the smileys :tongue:

Oops, just read you liked it... :colondollar:

I just thought it was too modern and not memorable enough - I mean a pop concert's all well and good, but it felt like cheap entertainment . I can almost guarantee that people would have forgotten about it in 5 to 10 years time...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by Arva
I have never heard of them! I'll look them up shortly. :colone:

I read those books during my one year stint at a school and in a house and village and city I was supposed to spend my years until Uni in. I have lots of fond memories of this year as well as the sad ones though, so that's not really it.

Through these particular books and lots of random/amazing chance, I met the first girl I thought I loved and ended up in a really painful one-sided relationship with, even after my family collapsed and I moved away. It got worse from there, and I eventually had to cut all ties completely for my own happiness. The upside is that I learnt many of the harsh lessons that influence the way I am with girls now, so in the long run I'm really hapy from it. Also, it was my first experience of what I thought was true love at the time.

There's a lot more detail to it but I tried to really cut it down. :moon::moon::moon:

They are good and also long :h:
I remember you mentioning her I think! Glad things are better now :console: :hugs:

I looked at the different swords and epee looks the best :tongue:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=1985859

It's also probably the most difficult :tongue:
Woo new thread! :party2:

End of last thread = :toofunny:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by Maths_Lover
Woo new thread! :party2:

End of last thread was like a relationship advice kind of thread :rofl:
Reply 89
Original post by Etoile
They are good and also long :h:
I remember you mentioning her I think! Glad things are better now :console: :hugs:

:sogood: I love long books that are good! It's not fantasy but have you read "We, the Drowned" by Carsten Jensen? It's an absolutely beautiful book. Beautiful. :moon:

It's possible she's come up before. She tried to talk to me a couple of times by text or facebook or calling but I've never replied, and haven't spoken a word to her in years now. So much better off. :biggrin: Everything's great now, apart from living with my Mum and worrying about results and my statement. My life is awesome. :awesome: :lol:
Original post by Theafricanlegend
I agree, I'm beginning to get scared :frown: what a-levels you taking?

English Language, English Literature and History :h: you?

I'm just worried I'm not gonna be able to motivate myself to work hard or anything. :tongue: I was terrible at it last year, wish I'd worked harder now that results are coming around in a few days.
Reply 91
Good night all. :smile:
Too difficult to type on my ipod
Reply 92
Original post by Maths_Lover

It was indeed :toofunny:. Your :lolwut: reactions were pretty great too. :lol:
Reply 93
Original post by Pandora.
Congratulations on the thread upgrade! :sexface:

Why thank you. :sexface:

How long until yours?
Reply 94
Original post by Arva
Why thank you. :sexface:

How long until yours?
Whenever anyone decides to move over :tongue:

Now that this thread's here, it might not be too long :sexface:
Original post by ktlaurenroe
English Language, English Literature and History :h: you?

I'm just worried I'm not gonna be able to motivate myself to work hard or anything. :tongue: I was terrible at it last year, wish I'd worked harder now that results are coming around in a few days.

Interesting, an arts person? :biggrin: I'm waiting for chem bio phy maths AS. Oh yeah, i need to something about procrastination now. So much stress.
Original post by silentlife
Good night all. :smile:
Too difficult to type on my ipod

Switch to laptop :h:
Original post by Etoile
Yeah it's when you get your first cord :smile: But you have to have done it for like a year...

When I messed up my arm horseriding - in fencing, referees will only class it as an attack if your arm is fully straight which I can't do any more :/ Go for it! It's great fun :smile: Most people start with foil or épée as their main weapon but I think sabre is more fun :colone:

Oh I see, how long is it until that then? :tongue:

Oh no! :console: Surely you could've asked for it as special consideration? (that made sense in my head.)
Because you can score with the edge?
It appears there is a club 40 minutes drive away, but they aren't taking on any beginners until November :frown:

I shall definitely take it up at uni though :colone:
Original post by Theafricanlegend
Interesting, an arts person? :biggrin: I'm waiting for chem bio phy maths AS. Oh yeah, i need to something about procrastination now. So much stress.

Yeah, I'm terrible with sciences :colondollar: I did Biology AS for a bit before dropping it because I was doing terribly! Our subjects are pretty much opposites, haha. What are you going to study at uni?

Definitely need to get a better work ethic for this coming year :tongue:
Reply 99
Original post by Pandora.
Whenever anyone decides to move over :tongue:

Now that this thread's here, it might not be too long :sexface:

:eek: I only just noticed that the strawberry is back!!!
:woo:

Excited for results? :wink:

Latest