The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by SrijanParmeshwar
~94.7, would have been 95 if I'd gotten two more UMS in German...

Yours is higher I rounded.
How do you guys work out your overall average?
Original post by wcp100
But you already have an averaged A. Getting 90% in As's makes no difference to the A*. Am I missing something?

If I do unexpectedly bad at one of the A2's next year in june I can still average an A. (most of if not all the med offers are triple A)
Original post by wcp100
Yours is higher I rounded.

Ah okay, well they are basically the same anyways
I'm glad I got 100 in one Economics but I kind of expected higher in the other. I'm still really happy though :smile:
Reply 1585
Original post by berryripple
I'm glad I got 100 in one Economics but I kind of expected higher in the other. I'm still really happy though :smile:

Tis how I feel. I said I wasn't coming back here :nothing:
Reply 1586
Original post by SrijanParmeshwar
Ah okay, well they are basically the same anyways

I'm not sure aprox. o.15 is going to make any difference...:tongue:
Original post by wcp100
Tis how I feel. I said I wasn't coming back here :nothing:

I just think 100 in one and 84 in the other is a bit weird. I didn't feel much of a difference in the difficult of the two. But an A is an A anyway :smile:
Reply 1588
When working out my average what should I do with my two extra maths modules that haven't been cashed in? Do they have to count? And how many subjects is the Cambridge auto-pool across?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1589
Original post by und
When working out my average what should I do with my two extra maths modules that haven't been cashed in? Do they have to count?

If they haven't been cashed then don't count them I don't think.
Reply 1590
Original post by wcp100
If they haven't been cashed then don't count them I don't think.

Is it my best three subjects? Does A level Maths count as 2?
Yeah is it best 3 , or all 4 subjects?
Reply 1592
Original post by und
Is it my best three subjects? Does A level Maths count as 2?

Maths and Further maths count as one. Maths doesn't count as 2.
Reply 1593
Original post by wcp100
Maths and Further maths count as one. Maths doesn't count as 2.

That would make my average drop right down because of Russian. :lol: How come it only counts as one, despite being a whole A level?
Reply 1594
Original post by chignesh10
Yeah is it best 3 , or all 4 subjects?

Best three. Except Maths and Further Maths count as one.
Reply 1595
Original post by und
That would make my average drop right down because of Russian. :lol: How come it only counts as one, despite being a whole A level?

I don't know actually come to think of it...
Original post by wcp100
AAAA Ignoring GS

Not as well as I wanted. For some reason I ballsed up my final Chem and Physics modules I got 85% which is a tremendously disappointed with. I really don't know how it happened. I averaged 95% overall though, so I meat last years Cambridge autopool requirement.

Your results are still really amazing, well done. Can you not resit the final modules? Or would you just you just leave them anyway...

Original post by Llewellyn
Im disqualified from those modules. WJEC wont disucss or negotiate it at all.

I think i will only apply to foreign universities due to this.

I don't even know you but I sincerely hope this gets sorted out. It's so unfair how THEIR mistake can mess up your future, especially when you were predicted top grades.

Everyone on here is like, a super genius, it's intimidating :tongue:
Reply 1597
Original post by suncake
Your results are still really amazing, well done. Can you not resit the final modules? Or would you just you just leave them anyway...

Resitting wouldn't help at all really. I just want to move on now...
Reply 1598
I still get 95% (just over in fact) counting Maths as one and including Russian, so I'm happy with that. :smile: Does it have the potential to influence borderline Cambridge applications? Counting Maths as two and discounting Russian I get over 98%, which I'm more happy with. :biggrin:
Reply 1599
Original post by suncake

There's really no point resitting AS grades unless you really messed them up badly (as in below 75% or something). The only modules that are worth resitting for minor boosts are January A2 modules.

Latest