The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blutooth
AMD A6-3420 M HD Graphics.

Okay, so here are some benchmarks for it http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6520G.55734.0.html

I think that is the graphics card associated with that CPU
Sorry Sri, don't understand that. However, I've just done the window's experience index, and it gave my laptop a
6.6 for processor speed, 6.7 for ram, 6.5 for gaming graphics and a 5.8 for desktop graphics. Doesn't seem too bad for the price.
Scores are from 1 to 7.9.
Original post by Blutooth
Sorry Sri, don't understand that. However, I've just done the window's experience index, and it gave my laptop a
6.6 for processor speed, 6.7 for ram, 6.5 for gaming graphics and a 5.8 for desktop graphics. Doesn't seem too bad for the price.
Scores are from 1 to 7.9.

Ah sorry, if you scroll down there are some average FPS scores for different games on the different settings. I didn't know exactly which games you were talking about and they haven't tested Diablo III on it so I thought it would be best just giving you a link. Usually 25+ FPS is playable (maybe slightly straining on the eyes) and 30+ FPS is fine.

Those are some good WEI scores for that price :smile:
Original post by SrijanParmeshwar
Ah sorry, if you scroll down there are some average FPS scores for different games on the different settings. I didn't know exactly which games you were talking about and they haven't tested Diablo III on it so I thought it would be best just giving you a link. Usually 25+ FPS is playable (maybe slightly straining on the eyes) and 30+ FPS is fine.

Those are some good WEI scores for that price :smile:

Ahh, thanks.
Morning :yawn:
Original post by LogicGoat
What do you think my three most relevant subjects (for CompSci) would be out of maths, f.maths, computing, physics & chemistry? :colondollar:
If this is for Cambridge it would depend on the college. You can email the admissions at each college to get a direct answer.

I strongly suspect it would be maths, f. maths and physics. Or it may be maths, f. maths and your best other subject.

The average of the "3 most relevant" isn't as universal and direct as you may think. It's not all about averages vs averages. Often, Cambridge will focus more on individual scores in target units. Cambridge will also look for some consistency, or any worrying results. For Computer Science, by far the most important thing in terms of UMS is to do very well in Maths, particularly in the "harder" pure units (C3, C4, FP1, etc.) This, of course, is not that unusual. Therefore, as with maths, a large part of the application will be based on performance at the interview.
Reply 1786
Original post by berryripple
Morning :yawn:

Morning. You get up far too early!

No problem buddy :smile:

What do you think my three most relevant subjects (for CompSci) would be out of maths, f.maths, computing, physics & chemistry? :colondollar:

Maths further maths and physics.
Damn i haven't posted on here for 2 days?!
I know! I was convinced I had no chance when I looked at the boundaries :tongue:

How did results go for you? :biggrin:

AAAA in maths, further, physics and economics :biggrin:

Though I'm not as happy as I should be. I underperformed :rolleyes:
Original post by Theafricanlegend
Damn i haven't posted on here for 2 days?!

Best start posting more then! :hmmm:
Original post by chickenonsteroids
Best start posting more then! :hmmm:

Takes too much effort!

Spoiler

Original post by Theafricanlegend
Takes too much effort!

Spoiler

You always need to make time TSR :emo:
:zomg:

I don't think I've posted on a "Current Year X" thread since before AS year started...

So :hi:
Original post by Silent--ly
:zomg:

I don't think I've posted on a "Current Year X" thread since before AS year started...

So :hi:

Good Afternoon :hat2:
Good Afternoon :hat2:

I can't believe it's afternoon already :colondollar:

Are you applying for uni this year? :h:
Original post by Silent--ly
I can't believe it's afternoon already :colondollar:

Are you applying for uni this year? :h:

I am! I'm thinking of applying for philosophy. Hopefully at Cambridge because the course looks outstanding. Yourself?
I am! I'm thinking of applying for philosophy. Hopefully at Cambridge because the course looks outstanding. Yourself?

Maths :colone: Although I haven't decided where :s-smilie:
Reply 1798
Is anyone going to the cambridge fe summer school?
I feel sick thinking about A2!!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire

Latest