The Student Room Group

Problem about putting grades/predicted grades into UCAS.

I am not sure how I should put down my grades, basically I did A2 Further Maths in year 12 and will be able to get the grade before I am applying to the university,if I got an A for it, then I know I have to put down the grade, but if I was about to retake the subject and hopefully A* next year, so what should I put down about the subject on my UCAS?
Should I:

Put down pending as option for FM and then predictred A*?

or

Put down the actually grade down? Then they won't be able to know that I am retaking?

What should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Jackfinance17
I am not sure how I should put down my grades, basically I did A2 Further Maths in year 12 and will be able to get the grade before I am applying to the university,if I got an A for it, then I know I have to put down the grade, but if I was about to retake the subject and hopefully A* next year, so what should I put down about the subject on my UCAS?
Should I:

Put down pending as option for FM and then predictred A*?

or

Put down the actually grade down? Then they won't be able to know that I am retaking?

What should I do?

You would be classed as an applicant who is attempting to recertify their grade (e.g. resit once the A level is completed)
You would need to list the FM with the achieved A grade then list it again and this time as pending.
Reply 2
Original post by myyrh
You would be classed as an applicant who is attempting to recertify their grade (e.g. resit once the A level is completed)
You would need to list the FM with the achieved A grade then list it again and this time as pending.

Thanks! Are you sure for sure??? And would it put me at an disadvantage if I only get an A and resit to get A*? It felt like I failed already...
Reply 3
Original post by Jackfinance17
Thanks! Are you sure for sure??? And would it put me at an disadvantage if I only get an A and resit to get A*? It felt like I failed already...

100% take it from someone who had to resit an A level. You should check with the universities you want to apply to. Some won't mind whereas some will openly not accept it, it really depends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending