The Student Room Group

Is this a real UCAS grade?

Hi there,

Before our UCAS applications and predicted grades are attached to our application, we were given access to our college's online portal to see the predicted grades our teachers had given us.

In Business, my teacher has written:
Predicted Grade: A / A*

I had some people online tell me that this isn't a real predicted grade that can be put as a predicted, so I'm worried that when my UCAS referee manager sees this and is doing admin work on my application, they might just put the predicted grade as "A"

Is this a valid UCAS grade that can be put as a predicted grade? Or do I need to correct it somehow?
Thanks!
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
There is no such thing as a 'A double star' at A level.
And only 1 grade can be entered onto your UCAS application - not A/A* etc.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
There is no such thing as a 'A double star' at A level.
And only 1 grade can be entered onto your UCAS application - not A/A* etc.

Hi there - I'm a little confused - this post has nothing to do with an A double star?
The predicted grade field will accept any text up to 10 characters. If they put A/A* then that’s what universities will see (unless they have **** systems that truncate fields but then they wouldn’t get complete predicted grades for any BTEC extended diplomas or anything that is graded pass/merit/distinction)
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
The predicted grade field will accept any text up to 10 characters. If they put A/A* then that’s what universities will see (unless they have **** systems that truncate fields but then they wouldn’t get complete predicted grades for any BTEC extended diplomas or anything that is graded pass/merit/distinction)

Is that 10 characters for all 3 subject or per subject?
Original post by mand0_fit3
Is that 10 characters for all 3 subject or per subject?

Per qualification and per module if you entered modules
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Per qualification and per module if you entered modules

Okay thank you! Then I am assuming they most likely will write "A / A*" as my predicted grade.
Reply 7
Original post by mand0_fit3
Hi there - I'm a little confused - this post has nothing to do with an A double star?

It did in the original OP - its since been edited ......
Reply 8
Original post by McGinger
It did in the original OP - its since been edited ......

Hiya, it did not, the edit removed speech marks, you can see the edit history.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending