The Student Room Group

The Filofax Appreciation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ninegrandstudent
Very excited. I've been sent a free Filofax from the new range to review on my blog, and its so lovely! Plus I've finally just published the review and set up in my existing Malden too, so can get on with working out how I'm going to use this new one to its best advantage - I'm thinking a careers file at the moment.

That's awesome! How did you ask for that? XD Or did they contact you?
Original post by katehlouise
That's awesome! How did you ask for that? XD Or did they contact you?

They contacted me - I've had a few companies do that lately, which I'm really surprised about as I feel my blog needs a huge revamp!

I was able to ask for what I wanted though - I have an A5 Original to review. From first glances, its very different to my Malden, but in a good way! I'll definitely do a mini-review on this thread too :smile:
Reply 782
I'd use my personal finsbury so much more if it would lay flat! I've tried using books on each side of the pages to flatten them but it hasn't been completely successful. Had anyone else got any tips :smile: it's such a pain to use when it doesn't lay flat :frown:
My personal finsbury is beautiful but I can't stand that it doesn't lay flat so I've got my eye on the personal malden in aqua when it's released :smile:
Does anyone know of any good Filo blogs about Pockets? I see loads of Personal blogs and a few A5 ones but none about Pocket Filos. I want some setup ideas :frown:
Original post by snowyowl
Does anyone know of any good Filo blogs about Pockets? I see loads of Personal blogs and a few A5 ones but none about Pocket Filos. I want some setup ideas :frown:

My setup was like this http://lilyactually.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/whats-in-my-filofax-pocket-red-chameleon.html for a while. But I ran out of ring space :frown:
Hello :hi:
I've been stalking this thread for a while now :colone: longing for a Filofax :wink:.
I've settled on an A5 Domino in red (mostly because its on sale in WHS :wink:), but I'm worried that I won't like the colour. Some of the photos online seem to be quite dark, but a few are really bright (like tomato colour). Can anyone tell me what colour it actually is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RibenaRockstar
My setup was like this http://lilyactually.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/whats-in-my-filofax-pocket-red-chameleon.html for a while. But I ran out of ring space :frown:

Thanks :biggrin: are your diary pages full of colourful writing and pretty stickers? That's what I'm looking to do :frown: just need some inspiration!
Original post by snowyowl
Thanks :biggrin: are your diary pages full of colourful writing and pretty stickers? That's what I'm looking to do :frown: just need some inspiration!

No, but I'm trying to do that.
Just done a review on the springboard because there wasn't much publicity on it, its so adorable and bright!!
Original post by SoftMusk
Just done a review on the springboard because there wasn't much publicity on it, its so adorable and bright!!

I do love it but after moving into my metropol for a while I've realised that non-leather really doesn't do it for me - am considering buying myself a Malden at the end of the summer. I love the planner I've recently bought, though, so I'm conflicted.
Reply 792
I spent yesterday evening making pretty dividers for my filo :smile:
Original post by RibenaRockstar
I do love it but after moving into my metropol for a while I've realised that non-leather really doesn't do it for me - am considering buying myself a Malden at the end of the summer. I love the planner I've recently bought, though, so I'm conflicted.

Ah! Well i'm not really into ringed binders anymore, ive found im much more of a bound person! Maldens are really nice but i remember going into staples to ask for an a5 and the assistant gave me it but it looked huge! I was like 'Can I look at an a5?' 'Yes, that's an a5' ' No, this is a4, please can you check for an a5' 'That is most definitely an a5' 'oh, ok thanks' lol how embarassing!:colondollar:
Hello filofaxlovers, now that I am done with uni and am starting work I really need to start getting more organised and use my filofax even more. I found these amazing calendar stickers in a video and would really like to have something like them. Unfortunately the only page I seem to find with them is American and they don't deliver to the UK :frown:

http://girlofallwork.com/products/118-calendar-stickers

Does anyone know where to get nice calendar stickers? I saw that Filofax themselves have some but they are neither very pretty nor varied. I really liked how many different ones there were in the American pack.

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions :smile:
Original post by Buecherwurm
Hello filofaxlovers, now that I am done with uni and am starting work I really need to start getting more organised and use my filofax even more. I found these amazing calendar stickers in a video and would really like to have something like them. Unfortunately the only page I seem to find with them is American and they don't deliver to the UK :frown:

Does anyone know where to get nice calendar stickers? I saw that Filofax themselves have some but they are neither very pretty nor varied. I really liked how many different ones there were in the American pack.

I like the school rewards type stickers you can currently get in Sainsburys
Thank you for your answer. Are school reward stickers really useful in reads to different types of appointments etc though?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Thank you for your answer. Are school reward stickers really useful in reads to different types of appointments etc though?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Oh no, and I don't use them for that - just livening up my pages.

I think paperchase do a selection like this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just moved back into my Chameleon Compact yesterday... And then won a Pocket Malden on eBay this morning (my dream binder) - so I'm going to have to write loads of stuff out again :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending