The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

hull university nursing personal statement

I am starting to draft my personal statement for adult nursing, my first choice will be hull uni and I am really hoping to get in here for 2013, I just need any hints or tips which could put me in a good chance of getting an interview at hull uni, if anyone has been here or has got a place here;

I am doing voluntary work and added different attributes I feel I possess but I was wondering if there were any vital bits of info I may need, I have also added what's an adult nurse and why I want to be an adult nurse is this necessary?

any help would be great-full, hull uni really is my dream place to study

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Sorry to burst your bubble hunnie but hull uni is a bag of ***t and was the biggest mistake of my life! My dream is to be a nurse but if hull uni was my only choice then id rather not be a nurse. I got an unconditional offer, started my degree got fkd over by the uni and left after the first year. They are not supportive dont really give you any support/feedback on work and are basically ***t at what they do, this not only happened to me but to two other people that i heard of on the course. I am now looking at going to Lincoln, a proper uni.. The biggest mistake of my life was accepting hull university as my first choice, you have a yea, dont let hull be your mistake too.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Wow I am shocked but glad of your opinion, could I ask about different things you feel weren't right for you, all info I can get is really appreciated,

Thank you for the above also

Xx

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Katie, you will have to focus on what you have done i the past, mostly related to nursing, like work as a support/care worker, if not continue to do your voluntary even is one day a week will make a difference.I got a place and i will be happy to inbox you mine and see how i set it up .Then it will be easy for you to write yours in logical way.

do not really want you to tell them what is adult nurse, they want to know why you want to be a nurse and what has inspire you, what skills have you got such as communication, team work,a good listner.Are you carig person and can you work with all cultural people and how long have you thought about doing a nurse training. let me know or send me email.
Reply 4
Original post by kissthis2011
Sorry to burst your bubble hunnie but hull uni is a bag of ***t and was the biggest mistake of my life! My dream is to be a nurse but if hull uni was my only choice then id rather not be a nurse. I got an unconditional offer, started my degree got fkd over by the uni and left after the first year. They are not supportive dont really give you any support/feedback on work and are basically ***t at what they do, this not only happened to me but to two other people that i heard of on the course. I am now looking at going to Lincoln, a proper uni.. The biggest mistake of my life was accepting hull university as my first choice, you have a yea, dont let hull be your mistake too.

^ OP, I know plenty of people who have just finished their first year of nursing and have loved every minute of it.
I'm currently studying at hull university for adult nursing and I love it. I can't pass comment in the pp experiences but I've never known anyone to leave due to lack of support. I've found then to help me with every aspect of my studies and would highly reccommend. X
Reply 6
Hi Katie,

I have just received a letter inviting me to an interview for adult nursing at Hull uni.
I found it very difficult writing my personal statement and it took me weeks !! But it paid of.
I made sure I demonstrated the role of a nurse also I read up on the nurse and midwife code of conduct, I also wrote what attributes is needed to be a good nurse. I linked my skills I got whilst at college doing my acsess course e.g assigment deadlines and how I can transfer this skill to my time at uni.
I also said why I wanted to be a nurse.
Good luck and if we are both successful we might train together. Let me know how you get on.
Love louise xxxx
Reply 7
Hiya, I've just got an interview there :smile: my advise is to just make sure you put in why you want to be a nurse and whatever experience you have that has helped you make that decision and make sure you demonstrate knowledge of the job and any skills that you have that can be applied to it. I put how what I've learned at college can be applied to nursing and just things like that. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by KarlyAlice
Hiya, I've just got an interview there :smile: my advise is to just make sure you put in why you want to be a nurse and whatever experience you have that has helped you make that decision and make sure you demonstrate knowledge of the job and any skills that you have that can be applied to it. I put how what I've learned at college can be applied to nursing and just things like that. Hope this helps :smile:

Hi I have got an interview there for 12th December, perseverance with my personal statement paid off:smile: very nervous/excited really hope I get a place!
Hi Katie,

I have also got an interview at Hull on the 12th if December and I am reaaalllyyy nervous about it! Is Hull the uni you have as your first choice?

Rhiannon :-)
Reply 10
Original post by Rhiannon-Louise
Hi Katie,

I have also got an interview at Hull on the 12th if December and I am reaaalllyyy nervous about it! Is Hull the uni you have as your first choice?

Yeah it is, it's also my first interview so really nervous! Is it your first choice?
X
Reply 11
Ooh I have mine on the 13th I am petrified !! Good luck guys :smile:
Don't forget to post tomorrow night and let us know how you get on xx
Original post by katie6295
Yeah it is, it's also my first interview so really nervous! Is it your first choice?
X

Hiya, yeah Hull is my first choice. What about you? How did you find it today? I didnt think it was as bad as i thought it would be! Xxx
Reply 13
Hiya, yeah Hull is my first choice. What about you? How did you find it today? I didnt think it was as bad as i thought it would be! Xxx

yeah same! I tried to have a laugh with the interviewers throughout the interview and they were going along with it so I hope it's good news- were you in the morning or afternoon? xxx
Yeah the ones I has seemed nice. I was in the afternoon so was waiting around for ages which made it worse but I was fine once I got in there. Who did you have? Xxx

Reply 15
Yeah the ones I has seemed nice. I was in the afternoon so was waiting around for ages which made it worse but I was fine once I got in there. Who did you have? Xxx

i was in the afternoon too, haha! i am guessing we were speaking to each other, I had a male and a female, once i was in I couldn't stop talking, I aren't sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing- just waiting anxiously now xxx
Original post by katie6295
i was in the afternoon too, haha! i am guessing we were speaking to each other, I had a male and a female, once i was in I couldn't stop talking, I aren't sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing- just waiting anxiously now xxx

Haha, we probably were! I had a man and women too. The man was really tall and the woman was sort of old haha. I was the exact same, just nervously waiting for next Wednesday now! Want it to come quick but dont at the same time. How did you find the maths test? Xxx
Reply 17
Haha, we probably were! I had a man and women too. The man was really tall and the woman was sort of old haha. I was the exact same, just nervously waiting for next Wednesday now! Want it to come quick but dont at the same time. How did you find the maths test? Xxx

I thought the test was fine how about you? I had the smaller man and a woman, I just keep reflecting on it now and picking out things I could have said, but because I was talking all the time I couldn't get everything in,
I was the last interview of the day, so waited about 6 and a half hours :frown:
As if you had to wait that long! Im sure it went fine :-) I had an email today to say I have a conditional offer so I am well pleased especially with it being my first choice! Have you had one yet?

Reply 19
I have a conditional too! So excited and so happy:smile: hopefully we will see each other next year! Xx

Quick Reply

Latest