The Student Room Group

Revision tips to pass a level law?!

On OCR and iv just done my AS and i got an E overall (retook english legal system got U first time and E in may)

Thing is i revised off the mark scheme literally but still failed so im guessing my writing style ain correct

Could anyone please give me any tips or anything who have passed Law pleaseeee

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100P
Same but in my case ill probably fail my second sitting as well sigh
Reply 2
Do posters of each section, with everything you need to know for that section of one piece of paper - practice cards are also very helpful. Practice papers are key! I got an A* overall so happy to help if you have any more study questions, although I did do it under AQA
Reply 3
Original post by Wrf95
Do posters of each section, with everything you need to know for that section of one piece of paper - practice cards are also very helpful. Practice papers are key! I got an A* overall so happy to help if you have any more study questions, although I did do it under AQA

Im also doing AQA, do you have any notes/past papers/revision cards that i could use?
Also some tips on how you got an A*
Im only two weeks in my AS and im really enjoying but im worried about the amount of content il have to learn so i want to get a head start
Thanks
Original post by Wrf95

I am on AQA would you be willing to share these posters so I can use them as ideas for my revision, I am struggling with setting it out
Use the CLEO method to structure your answers if you think its your writing style - I did this at Uni to get my law degree, found it in an excellent book on writing legal essays.

C - claim. Set out what the particular issue is relating to the facts
L - law. Set out the law relevant to the issue
E - evaluate. Apply the law to the claim/facts
O - outcome. Summarise and conclude.

This can be applied at paragraph level for multiple issues with a larger conclusion at the end, or as a whole in the essay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending