The Student Room Group

How hard is functional skills?

Hello I will be doing English and maths functional skills level 1 and the moving on to level 2 how hard is this compared to gcse? As I failed maths and English gcse ? Also any tips on how to revise and pass the exams?
Original post by stack__
Hello I will be doing English and maths functional skills level 1 and the moving on to level 2 how hard is this compared to gcse? As I failed maths and English gcse ? Also any tips on how to revise and pass the exams?

The key to success in maths is to practice. First exhaust the textbook questions then do any past papers available to you. Applies at every level until university.
Reply 2
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
The key to success in maths is to practice. First exhaust the textbook questions then do any past papers available to you. Applies at every level until university.

Yeah I guess I'll buy revision books read it and then do past papers also do you think watching videos on YouTube is a good way to revise? I mean I done it last year for GCSEs and I failed them lol I never used textbook last year so this year I will be
Original post by stack__

I have looked through the functional skills level 1 textbook; it is definitely much easier than GCSE. As suggested above, practise a lot.
Original post by stack__
Yeah I guess I'll buy revision books read it and then do past papers also do you think watching videos on YouTube is a good way to revise? I mean I done it last year for GCSEs and I failed them lol I never used textbook last year so this year I will be

Videos are good, but it doesn't count as your revision, you need to practise on top of that.
Reply 5
Original post by NotNotBatman
I have looked through the functional skills level 1 textbook; it is definitely much easier than GCSE. As suggested above, practise a lot.

What about level 2?
functional skills level 2 for me was pretty easy, the way i learnt was to keep doing past papers and to practise as already recommended,hope it works out 🙂
Original post by stack__
What about level 2?

Im not sure if the textbook I saw covered level 2, but level 2 is supposed to be equivalent to a C grade at GCSE isn't it ? I imagine the questions would around that level then. But have a look at past papers once you're comfortable with everything and that should give you an idea.
Reply 8
Original post by NotNotBatman
Im not sure if the textbook I saw covered level 2, but level 2 is supposed to be equivalent to a C grade at GCSE isn't it ? I imagine the questions would around that level then. But have a look at past papers once you're comfortable with everything and that should give you an idea.

Yes functional skills level 2 such be c grade
Reply 9
Original post by BradleyAustin97
functional skills level 2 for me was pretty easy, the way i learnt was to keep doing past papers and to practise as already recommended,hope it works out 🙂

I hated GCSEs and school and education when I done my GCSEs that's why I most likely failed but i decided to change my ways around and study hopefully I can always be motivated and revise and do past papers and pass my exams hopefully
Original post by stack__
Yes functional skills level 2 such be c grade

Not all employers will treat it as equivalent.
Universities will mostly not either.
Is functional skills english level 2 very hard?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending