The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A sixth former in our school pooed himself in an art lesson and he got over it, chances are you will too.
Reply 21
Did it involve a dog and some peanut butter?
Happens to me every day, don't worry.
It really helps to tell someone unrelated to the incident about it. I told someone one of my most embarrassing moments and it suddenly seemed so silly that I had cared so much and it was nice to laugh it off with someone and realise how little it matters.

What was your embarrassing moment? I think writing it and releasing it in that way, so its not pent up inside you, and having others comfort you and help you realise it isn't that bad will be helpful to you.
I got stuck in the mud on a field trip. Got pulled out and lost my boot. Then I passed out in cow poo! I was mortified! But thankfully it's just a joke nowadays ... Even when the story is told over and over again in my modules!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
what did you do LOL?
Original post by Ham22
Did it involve a dog and some peanut butter?

This made me giggle! My brother got bit by a dog on his, ya no. I took him to A&E and the nurse took us through to cubicles without the dr knowing. They were joking about how he's was probably messing about with peanut butter! They thought he was still in the waiting room - lol! It was hilarious but I thought the Dr was going to need treatment from the anger in my brothers face!

Just think of Will from the Inbetweeners when he crapped his pants in an exam.
In school once there was ink all over the floor, the guys decided to blame it on me,
I tried to laugh it off by quoting this

but I accidently said "aww you guys made me squirt!"
I got so much stick for it but I just laughed it off and ended up getting "Squirtle" on the back of my leavers hoodie.
Reply 29
When I was younger a guy I liked and I were chasing each other around the farmhouse yard, I accidentally slipped at one point and fell head first into the horse dung pile. That was pretty embarrassing and he laughed at me for it. Him and my friend at the time would make fun of me for it for a while after, but although I still felt embarrassed I didn't let it get to me.

Just look at it as a story to look back on one day and laugh/snigger/shake your head/cringe at. More embarrassing things will happen throughout your lifetime and if you let every one of them get to you you'll have a pretty hard time living. Move onwards and upwards and unless those 6 people are pretty immature/nasty they won't bring it up and you just get on with your life. You probably think it's worse than it actually is...that's usually the case.
Ask prince harry
I am now dying to know what happened. Just remember that laughter is the spice of life and you will eventually learn to laugh about it.

Although, I knew a guy who was on crutches after he broke hs leg (full leg cast). He went to pee at the urinal in the guys toilet at school and slipped in the huge amount of pee that covered the floor most days (it was a crappy all boys school). He had to drag himself to the door as no-one would help him up. It was hilarious at the time and I still smile if I think about it:smile:
No matter how bad things get, there's always somebody worse off.

Can't argue with the philosophy of a cartoon cow. :yep: But I'm sure it'll blow over eventually, and just try and see the funny side. There's nearly always a funny side. If your life hasn't ended completely, it'll make a fantastic story.
(edited 11 years ago)
You need to tell us what happened so that we can properly advise you on how to effectively get over your embarrassing moment. :wink:

Original post by raaachek
I don't really know why I'm posting this here but...

The other day, I experienced THE most embarrassing moment of my life to date. It was witnessed by 6 people. I'm not gonna get into it.

I gain solace in telling myself that it could've been worse - it could've been a lot worse :dontknow:. But obviously it could've just not happened full-stop.

The 6 people who witnessed it responded really well and they were quite understanding... but like... one of the 6 witnesses was someone I really admire, and whose opinion means a lot to me. They thought quite highly of me up until this point, and this person is the main reason I've been waking up every morning since the incident cringing as the memory has slapped me in the face. I valued their opinion so much, and now they definitely think less of me. It could be worse, as I say, but... if only this person hadn't been there. If this person hadn't been there, it wouldn't be nearly as bad.

I've heard that our memories are distorted by our emotions at the time, so some of our memories could be completely wrong in our heads. I guess the reason I'm posting this is to ask... will the witness whose opinion I really care about remember this in much less detail in a year's time?

And another question... is it true that you can see a certain kind of doctor who can extract memories from your head? I'd love to extract this one.

And my last question is... how do you guys move on from extremely embarrassing moments? The thing that happened to me the other day has been haunting me every hour of the day, and it's really hard to distract myself from it. Should I confront it? Or should I not - because there's no way I can replay the incident from the witnesses' perspectives. All I know is that for the witness whose opinion means a lot to me, it was pretty shocking. They're a good person so they were understanding, but I could see from their face that they were shocked.

No one will care. In a week's time so many different things can happen (people fall out with their bfs/gfs, they might get in trouble with work or something, stheu may get their credit card stolen, something may happen to them, someone they love might be in danger, they may have an accident and be in hospital. When all this is going on do you really think they are going to be thinking about what happened to you. We live in a soceity where people are too engrossed with their own problems generally. No one is going to be thinking about what happened to you unless they do not have a life and would rather be nosey and involve themselves in other peoples buisness. Please don't let this one moment affect you so badly. Embarassing things happen to people everyday. It's easier to say than to do but I can guarantee that something similar or just as worse will happen to those 6 people at some point in their life. So stop, try and forget and move on pleaseee :cool:

Edit: Also if that person really admires you as you admire them they will not judge you by one embarassing moment ..if they do then they really aren't as admirable as you say.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35
people don't really care about other people's lives tbh. In your head you're thinking 'oh god, they're thinking about it!!' but really they don't really care. Trust me, you'll be fine. I bet every person here when reading this thread title thought of their OWN embarrassing moments, so you're not alone :smile:
Seriously unless you tell us what happened than you will not get a reasonable answer or solution.
witnessed it... or smelled it?
Hey, you know what?
What you did happened and there's nothing you can do about it...
So, the best thing to do would be to not think about it. Those 6 have probably already forgotten about it, and because it happened to you, you keep thinking about it.
So, it's probably not as bad as you think it is.
Original post by medigirl96
If they are going to judge you based on this one experience and think less of you because of it then what is the point of being accomplices with them anymore? Try to stop caring what other people think. We have all been through embarrassing experiences but we move on. I still have those days where I randomly remember them and think 'What was I thinking?!' however there is nothing you can do about it. The past is the past.

My friend went through a really embarrassing experience a few years ago. After a P.E Lesson she went to have a shower and put on her towel but her locker was jammed and wouldn't open (her clothes were in the locker). She decided to walk to the P.E office in the main school corridors and ask the P.E teachers for help. Pretty much everyone was in their classes so she thought she could quickly run and ask the P.E teachers to help her. Unfortunately she bumped into one jerk two years above her who was on his way to the toilet and her towel slipped off by accident :eek: While she stood there mortified and in shock the jerk grabbed her towel and wouldn't give it to her back so she stood there demanding for him to give it back to her. While this was happening (HORROR OF HORRORS) the bell rang! So people came out of their classes to see this naked girl!

Your embarrassing moment couldn't compare to the one I described, right? It's hard to give you advice when we don't know exactly what happened and why this would make the person you respect a lot change their opinion of you.

oh my god I am cringing so badly for her :O

Latest

Trending

Trending