The Student Room Group

Do true feelings come out when drunk?

I don’t drink at all so I wouldn’t know. But my manager who is sometimes flirtatious (rare occasions) was extremely touchy feely when he was drunk. He kept putting his arms over my shoulder, bringing me in closely. He held my hand and interlocked his fingers with mine, held my finger while we was on our way home in a cab. Held me in close and gave me 2 kisses on the side of my head two times saying goodbye. I do have a mini crush on him but boy I didn’t know it would ever go down like this! He kept on calling me his girl and when introducing this other colleague to me - telling me about her fella, he goes and and —-(my name) she’s my girl, just my girl”

Do your true feelings come out when drunk or do people just become very woozy naturally where you feel and act like anything and everything lol. Although his speech was slurry and he was somewhat clumsy, some of the things he spoke about I.e work, I wouldn’t normally think that’s something you’d speak about if you was THAT drunk! He was still able to use his phone and message/ call me. Ask me if I got home ok etc. he has been telling others that he forgot most things from that night, I’ve barely been in contact with him since. I’m just wondering does he have feelings for me? I did try bringing up that he was rather flirtatious and he went bright red 😂when we left each other he we said our usual goodbyes (with no hugging involved). I don’t know if he does have feelings for me or it was just a drunken moment that meant nothing?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I don’t drink at all so I wouldn’t know. But my manager who is sometimes flirtatious (rare occasions) was extremely touchy feely when he was drunk. He kept putting his arms over my shoulder, bringing me in closely. He held my hand and interlocked his fingers with mine, held my finger while we was on our way home in a cab. Held me in close and gave me 2 kisses on the side of my head two times saying goodbye. I do have a mini crush on him but boy I didn’t know it would ever go down like this! He kept on calling me his girl and when introducing this other colleague to me - telling me about her fella, he goes and and —-(my name) she’s my girl, just my girl”

Do your true feelings come out when drunk or do people just become very woozy naturally where you feel and act like anything and everything lol. Although his speech was slurry and he was somewhat clumsy, some of the things he spoke about I.e work, I wouldn’t normally think that’s something you’d speak about if you was THAT drunk! He was still able to use his phone and message/ call me. Ask me if I got home ok etc. he has been telling others that he forgot most things from that night, I’ve barely been in contact with him since. I’m just wondering does he have feelings for me? I did try bringing up that he was rather flirtatious and he went bright red 😂when we left each other he we said our usual goodbyes (with no hugging involved). I don’t know if he does have feelings for me or it was just a drunken moment that meant nothing?

What comes out when your drunk is stupidity some people use it as an excuse to cheat
Reply 2
Alcohol reduces inhibitions. It could well mean that he fancies you, but also just be a bit of drunken behaviour which he regrets. If he flirts occasionally anyway it more likely to be the former. In the cold light of day he’s possibly also reflecting on the complexities of getting involved with someone that reports to him. And, is he single
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Mohammed_80
What comes out when your drunk is stupidity some people use it as an excuse to cheat

Some people display more intelligence and wisdom after 7 pints of lager than others do when stone cold sober.

As for the original poster's situation, it's clear that the manager would love to get inside her knickers. The trouble is, he may well be the same with every young woman that he gets to supervise.
I think it's a proceed with caution with him. Or a don't proceed with him at all.
I think it's creepy how he was referring to the original poster as "his girl" when they haven't even had sex with each other yet.
Sometimes.
It depends on the person, how much alcohol they have consumed and what 'type' of drunk they are.
Aggresive drunk, attention seeking drunk, conversationalist drunk, crybaby drunk, honest drunk, lightweight vomiting drunk, rude drunk, sexual drunk, sleepy drunk, noisy drunk.

Alcohol consumption reduces a person's inhibitions and excessive alcohol consumption can temporarily remove them entirely.
This can lead to slightly aggressive people becoming very angry or verbally abusive and getting physically violent over the small things that they would have most likely ignored or gritted their teeth and silently felt annoyed when sober.
On the other hand it can lead to people being more sociable and very chatty.
Many people do behave very impulsively drunk when it comes to taking risks, only telling the truth or doing sexual stuff that they would not do sober.
Reply 5
Yes he’s single. And he wasn’t doing any of this with anyone else. He would put his arm over others but with me he completely held my hand and tell me to come close because I’m his “girl”. I get that being drunk can make you do things out of your control sometimes but in his case I was shocked that he was able to talk about work things while that ****ed. Plus the next day he wasn’t that hungover either, just knackered as we all were. He says he doesn’t remember much and I did embarrass him a little that he was flirtatious and he went red asf and asked me if he’s red 😂. He asked if he was a dxckhead last night - so I thought does he remember?
do feelings amplify when you are drunk? Or this was all just a spur of pure drunk stupidity where it meant nothing ☹️
nah ppl just use it as an excuse
Reply 7
Original post by steamedclams
nah ppl just use it as an excuse

What to mess around?
Would you genuinely honestly want to be his girlfriend?
If yes, go ahead and try him out. He's yours for the taking. If you want him.
Invite him for an after work drink. And make it a single drink. And then take things from there depending on how you feel. Either a 2nd low pressure date some other time or an instant 2nd date after your drink.
Reply 9
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Would you genuinely honestly want to be his girlfriend?
If yes, go ahead and try him out. He's yours for the taking. If you want him.
Invite him for an after work drink. And make it a single drink. And then take things from there depending on how you feel. Either a 2nd low pressure date some other time or an instant 2nd date after your drink.

I think I would. He’s a pretty great person. But of course I wouldn’t try anything unless feelings were mutual. He did flirt here and there - discreetly but after experiencing him drunk…I was left gobsmacked because I always hear/see on tv that feelings come out when drunk. I don’t know if it’s bs where some people when drunk become all touchy feely/angry etc or his feelings came out as the drink gave him liquid courage? When sober he clearly was embarrassed/shy to talk about it👀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending