The Student Room Group

OCR MEI FP1 - is this justified losing 3 marks?

hey just wanted to get a second opinion on this. i got my fp1 exam script back today and was amazing i got this question wrong. after careful inspection i did mark silly errors but are these enough for me to lose 3 marks???

errors:
- didn't label -2/3 asymptote
- line went through slightly above y=1 instead of exactly
- lines for y=large values of x and -x could be closer to the x=0 line

this all seems like folly to me! i had the right idea but under exam conditions i was not as precise as possible. i had shown in the previous questions i knew all the stuff was right and it was just a case of quick drawing.

do you think it is right for me to lose these marks??

image:
132.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
I don't exactly know what question number/paper it was , i assume june 2012.

Here's the mark scheme http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2003441
Unless you've already looked at it/it comes with the paper. Sorry I can't be of more help D:

I guess the mark scheme might say "line through y=1 needed" or something like that, maybe. I can see you losing a mark for not labeling an asymptote i guess :s-smilie:

Not sure on that last one, doesn't seem enough to lose a mark for just a sketch.
Reply 2
Original post by dragonrabbit
I don't exactly know what question number/paper it was , i assume june 2012.

Here's the mark scheme http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2003441
Unless you've already looked at it/it comes with the paper. Sorry I can't be of more help D:

I guess the mark scheme might say "line through y=1 needed" or something like that, maybe. I can see you losing a mark for not labeling an asymptote i guess :s-smilie:

Not sure on that last one, doesn't seem enough to lose a mark for just a sketch.

oh right thanks, the mark scheme is for 2009 though :s-smilie:
Reply 3
- Yes.
- Maybe. It depends on how annoyed your examiner is at that point really.
- If you meant y=0 rather than x=0, then yes. They are quite far out. I doubt you'd get sympathy on that.
(edited 11 years ago)
^^ I'll just leave it to toosh :biggrin: too long since I did FP1, I love modular exams :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest