The Student Room Group

How low do some newspapers go?!

I've just seen THIS in the sun and I am flabbergasted and appalled. 'Click to see amazing photos of the smash'. Not only could have Cheryl Cole and Will.I.Am came worse off than what they did, but it's disrespectful to families and friends who have lost loved ones in crashes. Trying to make a profit out of a car accident by selling newspaper photographs on it. Disgusting. No wonder some celebs like Barbara Knox, Eileen Derbyshire and Adele keep their private lives private.

What's your opinion on this?
Are pictures of plane crashes disrespectful to everyone who has lost someone in a plane crash? I don't think so.
I find the fact "The Sun" have a picture of Cheryl Cole with a nosebleed as their front cover, rather than something like the Paralympic Games opening ceremony (for example) summarizes the quality of the newspaper in it's entire most.
Reply 3
I think the Sun is a degenerate filth rag, but the print medium is in terminal decline, and the electronic replacements are no better.

Facebook, twitter and discussion boards are the new news outlets -and they are just as bad, if not worse. If anything, the irony is that the content is a direct reflection of the users.

Take TSR as an example. It wouldn't surprise me if the average member used TSR for a greater period during the day than time spent reading the newspaper or watching the news on TV. Unlike the papers or TV, the TSR content is user-derived. Look how base and appalling the TSR front page is.

On this day after the opening of the Paralympics, we have virtually no discussion of it. There is one very short thread about the revocation of the Overseas Student licence for London Metropolitan University. Yet there are the same old busy threads about Muslims, religion, racism, rape and generally leering at women.

You get the media you deserve.
Newspapers cover car crashes all the time but "amazing" pictures of the "smash" is what strikes me as particularly distasteful.
Reply 5
Please, The Sun is a rag based on witch-hunts and tits.
Reply 6
Haha, 'the sun'
Reply 7
Overreaction or what.
Crashed into a parked car? Stellar work on the DUI Will, very subtle
Reply 9
One of the worst I've seen is the daily fail basically mocking visually impaired people. It's probably on the website somewhere...
Original post by AspiringGenius
I find the fact "The Sun" have a picture of Cheryl Cole with a nosebleed as their front cover, rather than something like the Paralympic Games opening ceremony (for example) summarizes the quality of the newspaper in it's entire most.
Arctic ice reached a historic low on the 28th August. Don't even think a newspaper picked it up.
Newspapers merely reflect the society they are produced in, and the individuals they are aimed at.
Reply 12
Some newspapers are paid which is very dangrous for the society.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending