The Student Room Group

OCR AS Geography

Hello, I'm starting year 12 on Tuesday and I was just wondering about how hard geography at AS is. I got a B at GCSE and I was wondering how hard it would be to achieve an A on this exam board

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
Hi, I have just gone into my A-level year with geography being my strongest subject. I got A* in both exam papers at GCSE but messed up my coursework leaving me on an A overall. I got A in my physical AS and B in my human As exam. I also take biology and chemistry so for me geography is the easiest!! I think so long as you enjoy the subject and take a natural intrest in it then getting an A is possible. I'm not saying it would be easy and you woould have to put a lot of work in but I definatly think you could get an A if you really wanted it!! :smile: Hope that helps a bit.
Reply 2
Original post by bulla001
Hi, I have just gone into my A-level year with geography being my strongest subject. I got A* in both exam papers at GCSE but messed up my coursework leaving me on an A overall. I got A in my physical AS and B in my human As exam. I also take biology and chemistry so for me geography is the easiest!! I think so long as you enjoy the subject and take a natural intrest in it then getting an A is possible. I'm not saying it would be easy and you woould have to put a lot of work in but I definatly think you could get an A if you really wanted it!! :smile: Hope that helps a bit.

Yeah I messed up on my coursework too which is annoying. Thank you, that did help a lot :biggrin: I'm willing to put in a lot of hard work because I love the subject so thank you for your help!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Original post by bulla001

Wow... This is exactly what happened with me! Got 2 A*'s in the first 2 exams and then got 2 B's in the coursework and ended up with 1 UMS less than an A* overall... :mad:

I also take Biology and Chemistry at AS-Level, but these have nothing on my love for geography! Hence why I want a career in geology! I also hope to get an A at A-Level, and I'm prepared to do almost everything to do it...
It was one of my 3 A*s at GCSE and I want to take it to degree level and I got 194/200 UMS in my recent AS results, which I actually wasn't expecting at all. I don't think it's as hard as other subjects, especially the sciences, but there can be a lot of figures to remember and it can be tricky to learn the exam technique for the essay style questions (although I didn't find that as hard as I did with economics). If you're ok with that though you shouldn't have too much trouble, at AS Level it's basically just an extension of GCSE. Can't say anything about A2 yet.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending