The Student Room Group

Is it bad to not want my future children to be Ginger?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
i think women with ginger hair are attractive... saying this i do remember calling my ginger classmates 'dirty gingers' whenever they would make me angry
Reply 81
Original post by SE1
I don't necessarily have any hatred for Strawberry Blondes but, I do not find the ginger look desirable. I'm also aware that Ginger children get teased a lot of the time and even wish they were not Ginger themselves.

Edit: Having a preference over my future child's appearance is no different to anybody having a preference over the appearance of a future partner.

No different to having a preference over the name of your child, And not wanting to call your child a certain name. Suggesting I must hate ginger people is as silly as saying I hate all people named Tarquin or Humphrey... simply because I would never call my children those names, and do not find them to be nice, good names.

It's your call clearly. Gingers seem to be at one end of the spectrum or the other. Either really unlucky or insane winners.

eg

6a00d8345160c569e20168e7c4ce21970c-400wi.png

or

3ocsz1.jpg
Reply 82
Original post by SE1
So,

You conclude people not wanting Ginger hair stems from their deep hatred for the people who carry those genes. That would also suggest that I as a male, am prejudice against women because I do not want to be a woman, or wish to be like a woman.

You also claim hair colour has nothing to do with personal appearance. Ever found Grey hair attractive? What about if i died my hair Bright Pink, Would that not have an affect on my overall level of sexual attractiveness to females..? Lets say a female who died half her hair blue, and the other half bright yellow. Sexy, no??

The hair colour may impact the persons attractiveness but it doesn't define it. If an attractive girl were to have grey hair or dyed it yellow and blue she would still be attractive. There will definately be girls with hair colours I don't like who I would still find attractive since they have so many other features to consider.
Reply 83
SE1
OP
Original post by Mockery
I would argue that red hair, in Britain, is very much part of the 'norm'.

Making a thread coming from whatever angle you so choose on this topic is still unecessary, he was only here looking for people to agree with his views, and not criticize them.

I expect threads on TSR to be well informed and thought provoking, not just to tell other people that they don't want ginger kids because they have a higher chance of suffering socially in school.

Again, my accusation of him being a troll was based on the lack of necessity of this thread and the fact that he was just looking for people to back him up on his views, therefore reinforcing them in society.

Your paranoia over a simple issue which you've posted about 10 times on is peculiar. P.S - Who are you to decide the necessity of peoples threads. You know nothing about the people posting on this site, and they all have reasons for being part of the thread, and posting, creating their threads.

Your part just seems to revolve around hostility and unreasonable answers.
Reply 84
Original post by hippieglitter
The chance that I will have ginger children is quite high there being ginger in both mine and my partners family despite neither of us being ginger, but I can't say I would specifically want them not that I would send them back if they were ginger.

Mental image of a human vacuum! :eek:
This thread is even more funny as its in the everyday issues... I expected 'shop has run out of milk... Do i eat dry cereal?'
I wasnt expecting the equivilent to 'I dont want to know when ive been tangod'

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Reply 86
SE1
OP
Original post by brownieboy
i think women with ginger hair are attractive... saying this i do remember calling my ginger classmates 'dirty gingers' whenever they would make me angry

Lmao.
Although ginger girls can be very attractive. One ginger girl at my former college was extremely beautiful.
I quite like gingers actually and they're the same as everyone else too.

I mean loads of people go on about Hayley Williams & Ed Sheeran for example, so everybody likes them, its just most people are afraid to admit it.
Reply 88
Original post by SE1
Of course I would date a Ginger girl. If I loved her and wanted to have children with her, I wouldn't end the relationship over potentially having ginger children.

Right then?...

You'd be surprised how many red headed girls are not naturally red haired.
Take Karan Gillan as an example from Doctor Who. You can tell by her eye brows, that her original hair colour is infact brown, not ginger.

It can't be that bad.
Reply 89
Original post by SE1
Your paranoia over a simple issue which you've posted about 10 times on is peculiar. P.S - Who are you to decide the necessity of peoples threads. You know nothing about the people posting on this site, and they all have reasons for being part of the thread, and posting, creating their threads.

Your part just seems to revolve around hostility and unreasonable answers.

Ok you have your next reply to convince me that this thread was necessary and that you wern't just looking for people to agree with your views.

Also I believe that my comments have been due to the urge of wanting to help prevent hostility, to such 'different' people like red heads.
Reply 90
SE1
OP
See, this is the discrimination against Gingers i was talking about. I have a friend, we'll call him 'Robbie' who has been terrorized over his hair colour, and the pale skin he acquired with it.

Although if i had a ginger child, i'd deal with it, get used to it. It wouldn't make me view that child any different. I could always dye his/her hair too (if the child was unhappy)
Reply 91
this thread made me laugh so much, I assume it's a joke haha
Reply 92
Really? I didn't know that
Reply 93
SE1
OP
Original post by Mockery
Ok you have your next reply to convince me that this thread was necessary and that you wern't just looking for people to agree with your views.

Also I believe that my comments have been due to the urge of wanting to help prevent hostility, to such 'different' people like red heads.

Erm, Nope. I have nothing to prove to you.
Post, then move on.
Your concerned more about the guy behind the screen then the topic itself it would seem.
Original post by Harley
I honestly think ginger hair looks really nice :smile:

Guys with ginger hair are hot :colone:

Prince Harry :love:
Reply 95
Original post by SE1
Erm, Nope. I have nothing to prove to you.
Post, then move on.
Your concerned more about the guy behind the screen then the topic itself it would seem.

You're right, you have nothing to prove to me. You do however owe the users of TSR an explanation as to why you thought this was necessary, which should have been found in the first post, not on the 7th page.

The second part of the quoted response, I honestly don't know how you got that impression. I've been sucked into this frivolous argument over the internet due to the blunt and not so acceptable way that my criticism and concern of this thread recieved.
Reply 96
SE1
OP
Original post by Aoide
The hair colour may impact the persons attractiveness but it doesn't define it. If an attractive girl were to have grey hair or dyed it yellow and blue she would still be attractive. There will definately be girls with hair colours I don't like who I would still find attractive since they have so many other features to consider.

I see where you're coming from. But for instance, if an attractive girl with long hair got a skin head haircut, I would no longer find her attractive, and so would many other guys.
I don't think there's anything wrong with it, to me it's just like having a preference for a boy or a girl. It doesn't make you sexist, it's just what you'd ideally like to have for whatever reason. If the child is born and they have red hair though I'm sure you will love them all the same. I personally love red hair I think it looks beautiful, but I can see why people would be concerned if they become a victim of bullying, which is a shame.
Reply 98
SE1
OP
Original post by Mockery
You're right, you have nothing to prove to me. You do however owe the users of TSR an explanation as to why you thought this was necessary, which should have been found in the first post, not on the 7th page.

The second part of the quoted response, I honestly don't know how you got that impression. I've been sucked into this frivolous argument over the internet due to the blunt and not so acceptable way that my criticism and concern of this thread recieved.

Not really as you're the only person who has brought this up. I don't know why you're so bothered mate, take a chill pill dude.
Reply 99
Original post by SE1
Not really as you're the only person who has brought this up. I don't know why you're so bothered mate, take a chill pill dude.

Exactly why you recieved so much negative rep for this thread then I assume, because no one else thought that you was being silly.

And 'take a chill pill' is a lame response, coupled with your thread it leads me to believe you've not even reached sexual maturity.

Quick Reply

Latest