The Student Room Group
OCR? but anyway, the first thing you wanna do would be to know what you wanna investigate. :smile: Come up with a chem equation and then think about what you wanna know about it.
an example would be the rate of reaction between Mg and HCl, measured by temperature and you have all your variables and stuff.

I think that's what you mean. correct me if I misunderstood
Reply 2
yeah im really really stuck too but im only on a practise one!!! The aim is to determine the concentration of Sulphuric Acid. And the task is to plan two different methods to do this, one method must involve collecting and measuring a gas! It also gives a list of chemicals that should be used in the experiments but iv looked in books and on the internet and can't find any experiments that contain all the chemicals im supposed to use
Reply 3
i got the real one today, I'm doing it as a retake for last year, and this yr's one is much harder. the fact that there isn't anything about it on the first page of google when you search for it doesn't help either
Reply 4
HI i'm re-taking the plan this year also

Here is the real AS planning exercise for may 2006

To determine the formula of hydrated sodium carbonate Na2CO3.xH2O

When hydrated sodium carbonate is heated,the water of crystallisation is lost and the solid becomes anhydrous.
Plan and describe two experimentral methods for determining x,the number of moles of water of crystallisation in 1 mole of hydrated soduim carbonate.

The first method must involve heating crystals of hydrated sodium carbonate.
The Second methods should involve a titration.

Can anyone help me on the method and also on the calculations i'm just completely stuck. in the method do u have to write the quantities used?? and in the calculations how do you calculate the number of moles of water crystallised in 1 mole of hydrated sodium carbonate

any help will be aprreciated

Latest