The Student Room Group

any tips for taking/retaking edexcel biology ial unit 6 (practicals)?

Hi, I'm retaking the biology ial unit 6 exam on practicals, but ended up failing this unit last year.

I'm a bit confused on what specifically needs to be revised?
Would I need to revise the entirety of each unit leading up to unit 6, or just revise the practicals given themselves?
If you've taken this exam before, have you found any helpful resources for the practicals, or how to prepare for the exam?

When I took it the first time, I reviewed one practical at a time, took notes of the common risk factors and formatting, and put each practical into individual quizlet sets.
Reply 1
Original post by ann648
Hi, I'm retaking the biology ial unit 6 exam on practicals, but ended up failing this unit last year.

I'm a bit confused on what specifically needs to be revised?
Would I need to revise the entirety of each unit leading up to unit 6, or just revise the practicals given themselves?
If you've taken this exam before, have you found any helpful resources for the practicals, or how to prepare for the exam?

When I took it the first time, I reviewed one practical at a time, took notes of the common risk factors and formatting, and put each practical into individual quizlet sets.

i think do a bunch of past papers, understand the structure of the paper, maybe look at what came up recently and focus on the other practicals (also look at unit 3 papers when doing this because i doubt they would ask about the same practicals in y12 and then y13), also make 10 marker plans for the practicals, good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending