The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Is LLB from University Of Strathclyde recognized in Pakistan?

Does anyone know someone who plans to practice in Pakistan after doing an LLB from Strathclyde? Because i plan to apply for 2020-2021 but i'm not sure if it is recognized, since i can't find it on Pakistan Bar Council website which is odd.
Nope. You can check with Strathclyde or Bar council. The lists are often a bit random as it requires someone to verify them.
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Hi,

Your LLB from Strathclyde wouldn't transfer back to Pakistan as you'd need to sit further equivalency exams before practising. I would agree with @999tigger in that you would need to make an enquiry with the Bar council.
If you need any further help then let me know!

Melissa- Student Ambassador
Original post by Daniyal Khan
Does anyone know someone who plans to practice in Pakistan after doing an LLB from Strathclyde? Because i plan to apply for 2020-2021 but i'm not sure if it is recognized, since i can't find it on Pakistan Bar Council website which is odd.

hi Daniyal. I am facing a similar problem please reply here if you found any solution. Can you practice law in Pakistan with a law degree in scottish law?
Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Hi,

Your LLB from Strathclyde wouldn't transfer back to Pakistan as you'd need to sit further equivalency exams before practising. I would agree with @999tigger in that you would need to make an enquiry with the Bar council.
If you need any further help then let me know!

Melissa- Student Ambassador

Hi Melissa- I plan to get myself into Strathclyde by 2022. I’ll perusing law (LLB) as an undergrad so I have a very similar query if I do LLB in Scotland and give my further exams there which you mentioned is necessary to practice law. After all that can I practice in Pakistan is LLB in Scottish law accepted there? As LLB from England is accepted in Pakistan and many universities offer there international programs there. like ( University of London ) ( Royal Hallway University).
Reply 5
Original post by DKLaw

I am also planning to study LLB at strathclyde and I also want to know if it will be recognised in Pakistan or not, please help me if you know anything.
Reply 6
Original post by DKLaw

I am going to start my LLB at the same university and I am also a Pakistani having the same concern, please help me if you know anything.
Reply 7
Original post by ahmedajc
I am going to start my LLB at the same university and I am also a Pakistani having the same concern, please help me if you know anything.

Hey, i just logged in to TSR today. I ended up going to Uni of Glasgow instead, so not sure sorry. You're better off emailing or calling Pakistan Bar Council or HEC to make sure Strathclyde is recognized.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending