The Student Room Group

OCR AS Biology (F211) - Jan 2013.

Scroll to see replies

guys what do you actually have to know about meiosis??
Reply 2942
Original post by Hannah196
guys what do you actually have to know about meiosis??

not much.
produces genetically unidentical cells.
each cell contains half the genetic material from 1 maternal and 1 paternal cell (2 haploid cells to form a diploid cell).
this is done in the form of a sperm cell fusing with an egg cell during fertilisation which produces a zygote.
Original post by Dr. Django
Guys, do any of you know if this method of working out UMS is correct for OCR exams?

I got told that to work out the 90% boundary you do the A boundary - B Boundary and add it to the A boundary e.g

A= 50 B= 45 thus 90% = 55 and 100% = 60. Can anyone verify whether this method is relatively accurate or not? Thanks :smile:

in jan you needed 45/60 marks for an A i think
I've compiled a list of the JANUARY 2013 major topics, from what i have asked around/read: the questions with a higher number of marks have the number written next to them. From this maybe we can try and put some June predictions forward? (btw im not saying that these wont come up explicitly but they most probably wont repeat the same thing for big mark questions)

Yeast/Budding etc.

Purkyne tissue/excitation

Cells in multicellular organisms [5]

Phospholipids

Cell signalling [4]

Potometer/TRANSPIRATION [6]

Comparing cells [4]

ATP [4]

Lignin [3]

Cartlidge in trachea [3]

Importance of gas exchange [3]

The things that stick out to me that havent been included: microscopes, staining, haemoglobin, the heart, mitosis, prokaryotic cells, translocation etc arent really included. Make of that what you will.

edit: spirometer, tissue fluid
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by saycrackagain
I've compiled a list of the JANUARY 2013 major topics, from what i have asked around/read: the questions with a higher number of marks have the number written next to them. From this maybe we can try and put some June predictions forward? (btw im not saying that these wont come up explicitly but they most probably wont repeat the same thing for big mark questions)

Yeast/Budding etc.

Purkyne tissue/excitation

Cells in multicellular organisms [5]

Phospholipids

Cell signalling [4]

Potometer/TRANSPIRATION [6]

Comparing cells [4]

ATP [4]

Lignin [3]

Cartlidge in trachea [3]

Importance of gas exchange [3]

The things that stick out to me is the microscopes, staining, haemoglobin, the heart, mitosis, prokaryotic cells, translocation etc arent really included. Make of that what you will.

spirometer and tissue fluid also
(edited 10 years ago)
how'd everyone find exam?
did everyone get nucleus and choloroplast?
Only edexcel....
Reply 2949
Original post by MSamuel
Read the above your not allowed to talk about exams yet!!!!

Only edexcel so shut up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2950
There's another thread where everyone's talking about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ii-mohsin-ii
did everyone get nucleus and choloroplast?

yes i did:smile:
Reply 2952
haha soz
Original post by spongez
only edexcel so shut up

posted from tsr mobile

thanks mate :wink:
Omg for the first question i wrote Nuclei instead of Nucleus. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?!?!?!
Hi, any chance you found any more notes like this but for F212? By the way thanks for these they're really helpful :smile:
Reply 2957
Hi! I have to do this investigation in a few days too!! Would you be able to give me some tips on the evaluative?? I really need to improve my grade!!!!
Reply 2958
Original post by ChelsieJayne
Hi, im doing this in a few days time my teacher has told me it isn't too hard.. i was wondering what exactly do you have to do and what should i revise?

Hi! I have to do this investigation in a few days too!! Would you be able to give me some tips on the evaluative?? I really need to improve my grade!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending