The Student Room Group

OCR AS Biology (F211) - Jan 2013.

Scroll to see replies

is anyone doing the f212 in jan?
Reply 21
I will be doing the exam also , Good luck to everyone :smile: It's a relatively easy paper compared to other ones. You do not want to mess up on this 1 :wink:
Reply 22
We got a mock exam for about a 3rd of the syllabus the other day, there's soooooo much detail, it's scary o_o

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 23
Original post by Harriet : )
Re-taking this in my second year so it is possible to survive! :rolleyes:
Honestly, there isn't that much to learn, wait till you get to F212! But anyway here are some great notes- they are not my own I found them on here but are a great revision resource

Good use of notes , however I have noticed some mistakes in your outcomes.

One being "10. Cell surface membrane opens to release molecules outside"

Plasma membranes do not open , this is incorrect terminology , in this case the vesicle will fuse the plasma membrane and it will leave by exocytosis.

Will be adding more soon.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by BioGeek
Good use of notes , however I have noticed some mistakes in your outcomes.

One being "10. Cell surface membrane opens to release molecules outside"

Plasma membranes do not open , this is incorrect terminology , in this case the vesicle will fuse the plasma membrane and it will leave by exocytosis.

Will be adding more soon.

The bit in bold of my original post was there for a reason- those notes are not mine! I didn't write them, any mistakes are not mine :tongue:
Kudos for pointing them out though I didn't see that one :smile:
Reply 25
This thread is starting to scare me:frown: we're doing mitosis and only have one teacher so it's only unit 1 we're doing. Are we behind?????

Reply 26
Original post by notsure
This thread is starting to scare me:frown: we're doing mitosis and only have one teacher so it's only unit 1 we're doing. Are we behind?????

for the unit 1 exam you need to know mitosis in deatail, but you should know about meisos a bit. you only need to do unit 1 for the unit 1 exam!
Reply 27
Original post by Harriet : )
The bit in bold of my original post was there for a reason- those notes are not mine! I didn't write them, any mistakes are not mine :tongue:
Kudos for pointing them out though I didn't see that one :smile:

It is still not good to post incorrect material.
Reply 28
Casually got 25/42 in a mock.. Oh dear :P
Reply 29
Original post by Alevelstudent1908
Seriously people? Your exam is 4 months away. Don't revise like crazy; last year I started in october and did about 30-1h per subject every day or so. Otherwise I'd end up worse and be stressed.

4 months will go extremely quick , do not put people off revising. Especially as they as they have put the exams in very early January.

To give you an idea in how much revision I've done , I'm ready for the exam right now :wink:
Reply 30
Original post by Hummi_C

Always time for improvement :wink:
Reply 31
Original post by BioGeek
Always time for improvement :wink:

I blame the teacher :wink:

Original post by BioGeek
It is still not good to post incorrect material.

I didn't see the error was there! Therefore when I posted it I didn't realise I was posting something which has a minor error.
Reply 33
I got a B, 1 mark off an A in my mock test and I've only realised today that we are doing both modules in January 9th.

My advice - contrary to what some may say:

Start early, remember the whole textbook, the whole revision guide and the CGP guide if you have it. It's a daunting task because there is a lot of content but it can be done, make comprehensive notes before the lesson, concentrate in the lessons knowing you already have the notes, towards the end of a module write out everything you think you missed! I got through countless exercise books last year. It sounds excessive but Biology, more so than Chemistry, Physics etc (imo) really rewards those who put the work in.

It's not for everyone but it's my way, and yes I did score 90/90 but you can too. I wish you all the best!
Reply 35
Original post by Hummi_C

Huh? You've already finished covering the whole of unit 1?????? WOW IMPRESSIVE :biggrin:

Hey, I just dumped these in another thread, but I may aswell put them here as well. They're PowerPoints I made last year to cover the specification for F211 and F212. They're loosely based on the OCR AS Biology endorsed textbook, but in a different format.
Reply 37
Original post by ECRUJUMPER
Hey, I just dumped these in another thread, but I may aswell put them here as well. They're PowerPoints I made last year to cover the specification for F211 and F212. They're loosely based on the OCR AS Biology endorsed textbook, but in a different format.

Thanks for posting this, they are quite useful :smile:
Reply 38
if anyone is doing unit 2 this jan please post it on the F212 jan 2013 thread :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by notsure
Huh? You've already finished covering the whole of unit 1?????? WOW IMPRESSIVE :biggrin:

We haven't finished, our teacher just decided to give us a random test to see how much we know, hence the awful result :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending