The Student Room Group

Criminology in Scotland

Okay, I need help! I'm an EU students and I'm planning to go to the university in Scotland to study Criminology/Criminal Psichology. It seems to me that basically only in Edinburgh there's a course for Criminology, while in Glasgow you can only get something like Social Sciences.
So my question is, how hard is it to be accepted at Edinburgh Napier? I don't want to apply only to that university to find out I won't be able to go there and lose all my chances of studying in Scotland! What do you suggest me to do? Sorry if I look stupid and confused, it's that I'm really scared about my future and the anxiety is starting to eat me alive!!
Original post by caroshverde
Okay, I need help! I'm an EU students and I'm planning to go to the university in Scotland to study Criminology/Criminal Psichology. It seems to me that basically only in Edinburgh there's a course for Criminology, while in Glasgow you can only get something like Social Sciences.
So my question is, how hard is it to be accepted at Edinburgh Napier? I don't want to apply only to that university to find out I won't be able to go there and lose all my chances of studying in Scotland! What do you suggest me to do? Sorry if I look stupid and confused, it's that I'm really scared about my future and the anxiety is starting to eat me alive!!

Just so you know, Edinburgh Rapier isn't the proper "University of Edinburgh", which is much more comparable to Glasgow.
I'm looking to do criminology in Scotland, since I live here. They do criminological studies in University of Abertay in Dundee. They also do criminology combined with sociology, law, politics or philosophy in the University of Stirling. And of course there's Edinburgh Napier University in Edinburgh.

Out of them all, I'd say Napier would be the easiest to get into. And from what I have heard from all the open days I have been to, the course at Napier is the one focused towards criminology more - the others have a lot more sociology involved.

If I were you I'd apply to Abertay and Stirling as well just to be on the safe side! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by jennifeer11
I'm looking to do criminology in Scotland, since I live here. They do criminological studies in University of Abertay in Dundee. They also do criminology combined with sociology, law, politics or philosophy in the University of Stirling. And of course there's Edinburgh Napier University in Edinburgh.

Out of them all, I'd say Napier would be the easiest to get into. And from what I have heard from all the open days I have been to, the course at Napier is the one focused towards criminology more - the others have a lot more sociology involved.

If I were you I'd apply to Abertay and Stirling as well just to be on the safe side! :smile:

Thank you, this helped me a lot! I already had the idea of applying to Stirling and Abertay because I don't want to miss any of the possibilities I'm offered, I just have to cross my fingers! (:
Original post by caroshverde
Thank you, this helped me a lot! I already had the idea of applying to Stirling and Abertay because I don't want to miss any of the possibilities I'm offered, I just have to cross my fingers! (:

let me know what offers you get and what you choose! good luck :smile:
Reply 5
Anyone heard anything for criminology? :frown: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LilyCR

Posted from TSR Mobile

Napier and Abertay so far :tongue: you?
Reply 7
Original post by jennifeer11
Napier and Abertay so far :tongue: you?

Still nothing :frown: haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by LilyCR

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't! let's hope it is not a bad signal!
Reply 9
I've got 2 conditionals from Napier and Stirling but really unsure where I want to go....:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LilyCR
I've got 2 conditionals from Napier and Stirling but really unsure where I want to go....:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi everyone. I know its a bit late but hey :smile: im also going to be studying criminology at napier hopefully i have a conditional offer of CC at advanced higher and B at higher. Has anyone heard anything else back?
Reply 11
Hiya, anybody starting criminology at Napier on the 10th? So far I've not seen anyone else that is! I know nobody going to the campus and I've never even been there, so the first day is truly going to be an adventure for me haha!
Original post by JessicaH95
Hiya, anybody starting criminology at Napier on the 10th? So far I've not seen anyone else that is! I know nobody going to the campus and I've never even been there, so the first day is truly going to be an adventure for me haha!

I'm starting there on the 10th too and literally don't know anyone going to that campus either!! :tongue: going to be such a big adventure!
Reply 13
Original post by alisonwelham95
I'm starting there on the 10th too and literally don't know anyone going to that campus either!! :tongue: going to be such a big adventure!

Im excited! but also quite scared :eek: What course are you doing?
yeah i'm excited but so nervous too haha! I'm doing Criminology at Napier as well! :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by alisonwelham95
yeah i'm excited but so nervous too haha! I'm doing Criminology at Napier as well! :smile:

I'm happy I've found someone on the same course! I didn't really see anyone else on here :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending