The Student Room Group

How many hours do you study?

I know there's quite a few threads on here about how many contact hours people have, but I was wondering how many hours 'private study' outside of timetabled hours that people do?
So much less than I should! However during exam season I am like a hermit- the result of leaving everything to the last minute :wink:
5 hours a day
Reply 3
Around now 0
Exam season 24/7 I mean I'm like Will from the Inbetweeners when revising :lol:
Reply 4
Basically until the work gets done. Can be around 5 hours a week (back in first year when work was easy, we were spoon fed the material and I didn't care as much) or go up to 70+ hours a week (final year project + exam revision). Also, in my final year, thanks to actually taking it seriously, I had a total of not more than 5 weekends off (not counting Christmas) throughout the year.

It basically comes down to how seriously you take your course.
Original post by JordanS94
Around now 0
Exam season 24/7 I mean I'm like Will from the Inbetweeners when revising :lol:

Careful not to have any accidents in your exams... :biggrin:
Reply 6
1-2 hours (excluding essay writing& research) per day but not weekend as I have to work on Sat., double during long holidays. I needed to gain a min. of 2:1 to get a training contract so I had no choice but to go for it. The reward is well worth it.
I usually aim for 6 hours or so a day. Only have 4 hours contact time each week, so I mostly have to study independently.
Original post by benwilliamsuk
I know there's quite a few threads on here about how many contact hours people have, but I was wondering how many hours 'private study' outside of timetabled hours that people do?

Minimal at school in sixth form during normal term-time - probably an hour or two a day, just enough to keep on top of homework and not be falling behind.

Then I keen it during holidays, make good notes and stuff, and also closer to the exams. Paying lots of attention in lessons probably helps, too.

From half term onwards I'll probably start working 2-3 hours a day on average.

Oh look, a neg from someone too sour to admit that not everyone needs to work 10 hours a day.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending