The Student Room Group

Applying for chemistry 2013

I am applying for medicinal chemistry at Queen's University this year, I was wondering who else is applying to this degree? Do you think it would be essential to get an A at A-level in Chemistry?
Reply 1
Original post by medchemgirl
I am applying for medicinal chemistry at Queen's University this year, I was wondering who else is applying to this degree? Do you think it would be essential to get an A at A-level in Chemistry?

Hey! I'm actually 1st year in that course. Have transferred from another. not enjoying this. Have done 12 weeks- a whole semester and havent slept, ate or felt myself. I was raring to go at the start when I applied but since I started things havent been good. If you're thinking of forensic analysis or chemistry straight as well dont put all three down or even 2 of them on your ucas as you can change before 2nd year as 1st year is common for all pathways apart from med chem people who do genetics instead of chemical engineering module but that doesnt matter if you want to change to one of chemistry or forensic as they do let you. drug development is third year. majority of the course is as the straight chemers do.
Original post by medchemgirl

YES
If want to get into any good chemistry course you need a good grade in chemistry, and generally if it says in the entrance requirements that you need an A in chemistry, then you have to get the A.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending