The Student Room Group

Already have a HND, will I get finance for new undergrad subject?

Hello

I am 32yrs old and wishing to return to university to study Physiotherapy. I studied Business Management back in 2013 and have a Higher National Diploma.

I'm struggling to find an answer for whether or not I will be eligible for tuition fee support and/or maintenance loan.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Reply 1
So this depends how many years of undergraduate funding you have had previously.

You can get 4 years of tuition and maintenance loans from SFE. And then 2 years of graduate tuition (MA or higher)
Original post by steffsummers
Hello

I am 32yrs old and wishing to return to university to study Physiotherapy. I studied Business Management back in 2013 and have a Higher National Diploma.

I'm struggling to find an answer for whether or not I will be eligible for tuition fee support and/or maintenance loan.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Allied Health Professional courses (including physio) are considered exception courses and you should be eligible for funding for this even if you have had funding for a previous degree. If you normally live in England (so would apply to SFE for support), then post on the following forum to confirm. It helps if you can list the course and unis you are considering applying to:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending