The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
CMS: I'm still poking my finger around and dipping my feet into unknown waters, to be honest. I've hardly decided (for sure) what my plans are... could be anything from returning to Singapore to work at one of the stat boards/ministries, to staying on in the UK in the IB/management consultancy industry, to becoming an academic (very unlikely, but you never know!), to altering my career path rather drastically to become a diplomat.
Hey there and a big hello to everyone who's Singaporean out there...hahaha...not that I'm Singaporean myself but I kind of like you guys from my short stint in JC...

Applied to NUS Law Fac but needless to say, I got rejected..outright...haha...not even called in for the written test...I have a nagging feeling that its because of my A-level grades...I'll be the first to admit that I never was the stellar student to begin with...hahaha...So its off to the Uni of Hull for me...but seeing as I want to practise in Sg later on, I might very well have to reapply for the Graduate Entry into the Law Fac...sigh...another 3-4 years studying the same thing...
Reply 582
prometheus_bob
Hey there and a big hello to everyone who's Singaporean out there...hahaha...not that I'm Singaporean myself but I kind of like you guys from my short stint in JC...

Applied to NUS Law Fac but needless to say, I got rejected..outright...haha...not even called in for the written test...I have a nagging feeling that its because of my A-level grades...I'll be the first to admit that I never was the stellar student to begin with...hahaha...So its off to the Uni of Hull for me...but seeing as I want to practise in Sg later on, I might very well have to reapply for the Graduate Entry into the Law Fac...sigh...another 3-4 years studying the same thing...

To be honest, lawyers in Singapore don't really get that great a deal (compared to say, Hongkong).
morning all. it's MONDAY! And do you know what that means?

It means there are only FOUR DAYS to the WEEKEND! woot. :p:
Reply 584
life_rockz
morning all. it's MONDAY! And do you know what that means?

It means there are only FOUR DAYS to the WEEKEND! woot. :p:

;judge;

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

There's so much catching up to do... and i was only away for 3 days!

So anyone here going to the LSE? Check your email inbox. :yy:
Reply 585
Knogle
;judge;

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

There's so much catching up to do... and i was only away for 3 days!

So anyone here going to the LSE? Check your email inbox. :yy:

All I can find there is a survey for those who declined their offers. :p:

*hurries off to criticise their annoying response times*

Oh, and there's the Durham decliners' survey as well!

Hmm, 4 more days to the weekend indeed. :cool: I like the positive outlook! :yy:
Reply 586
I've just received FANTASTIC news from my army commanders, details of which shall remain classified according to the Official Secrets Act. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

:party:
*ignores nutter.

Knogle: when are you going up?
Reply 588
life_rockz
*ignores nutter.

Knogle: when are you going up?

Going up where?
Reply 589
knogle: what did you study previously (i take it that you've already studied something)? i'm pondering over the same options plus actuarial science minus stat boards and diplomats. oh and plus self-employment :biggrin:

nutter: i wouldn't do that even though i'm insane. the first two pages gave me a headache, then i went on to the last few.
Reply 590
CMS
knogle: what did you study previously (i take it that you've already studied something)? i'm pondering over the same options plus actuarial science minus stat boards and diplomats. oh and plus self-employment :biggrin:

nutter: i wouldn't do that even though i'm insane. the first two pages gave me a headache, then i went on to the last few.

I haven't even gone to university yet..... unless you're asking about my 'A' level subs?
Reply 591
Oooh, even more kind words now! :biggrin:

Well, it's prospective, but still! :biggrin: Always helps if you get such encouragement.

</clandestine_ways>
Hello all!
I study in a school in cambridge but i go back to singapore for my holidays.My aim is to go to oxford to study ppe or econs and management.Sounds impossible to me though! :x
Reply 593
the ceiling
Hello all!
I study in a school in cambridge but i go back to singapore for my holidays.My aim is to go to oxford to study ppe or econs and management.Sounds impossible to me though! :x

Wait wait wait, this is a tad confusing. :hmmmm:

So you're a Singaporean who's had your elementary/primary/secondary education in the UK, and will be taking your A Levels there as well (with your school being in the CITY of Cambridge)?

Well you'll never know about the Oxford bit! I don't think many of us where all that confident when we applied either - it just happened. :smile:

Welcome to TSR as well! :tsr2:
Haha .. yep,you're right!I've had two and a half years of secondary education in Singapore before going to the UK so I'll be doing my GCSEs(the equivalent of O levels)there and A levels too.Yes my school is in the city itself..it is just a 15 minute walk away to town.
So anyone studying in Cambridge or going there?
Reply 595
the ceiling
Haha .. yep,you're right!I've had two and a half years of secondary education in Singapore before going to the UK so I'll be doing my GCSEs(the equivalent of O levels)there and A levels too.Yes my school is in the city itself..it is just a 15 minute walk away to town.

Val (life_rockz) will be studying English at Trinity College, Cambridge come this October, that I know! :smile:

Not sure about any others, but Alvin (soonalvin) did receive an offer for Nat Science at Cam as well (declined).
Reply 596
yeah. They sent me a Decliner's Survey. It pained me to put NUS/Med in the "which school have you accepted" box.
Reply 597
the ceiling

you must be really young.

what kind of school do you go to?

btw, i just finished my gcses in th uk. but i'm also from singapore and that.

soonalvin: dont feel too bad, you can always go to cambridge for postgraduate studies.
Reply 598
Zinc11
you must be really young.

what kind of school do you go to?

btw, i just finished my gcses in th uk. but i'm also from singapore and that.

soonalvin: dont feel too bad, you can always go to cambridge for postgraduate studies.

hopefully.

but no BA gown will nice frilly BA hood.
Reply 599
Okay, anyone has a more interesting topic we can all talk about? SG Idol? :p:

Quick Reply

Latest