The Student Room Group

Want to go on holiday but can’t because I have no one to go with.

I am 21 and I can afford to go on holiday abroad. However I can’t because my parents can’t afford to go this year, my brother, 19, is unwilling to pay and my sister, who wants to go, can’t because she’s only 17. I can’t go with my grandparents because they are worried about COVID. What should I do?
Reply 1
solo travel !! :smile: there’s loads of youtube videos about the safest countries to solo travel to.
Reply 2
Original post by aliaa03
solo travel !! :smile: there’s loads of youtube videos about the safest countries to solo travel to.

Do you recommend it for someone who has not been on holiday without a parent?
Reply 3
Original post by Marcus5iM45
Do you recommend it for someone who has not been on holiday without a parent?

It’s the best way to learn how to do it
You can go on holiday alone or find another individual who is looking for a travel partner online.
Plenty of websites for this.
Personally I prefer travelling solo.
Good luck!
Going solo is so cool. Do it.
I am 21 and I can afford to go on holiday abroad. However I can’t because my parents can’t afford to go this year, my brother, 19, is unwilling to pay and my sister, who wants to go, can’t because she’s only 17. I can’t go with my grandparents because they are worried about COVID. What should I do?

Pretty sure your sister can travel at 17. I travelled (solo) at 17 to various places without any problems (all within the EU though, don't know if rules are different elsewhere). Also personally I wouldn't recommend solo travel as I find it far less fun - hit up some old friends or something I'm sure you can find someone willing to go with you.
(edited 2 years ago)

Hmm you could solo travel but that could be lonely,also it depends on where your wanting to go?now that i think of it you could go by ur self and meet new people.that sounds really fun to me lol
You could always try the scheme planmygapyear.com (not just for people doing gap years) they have schemes all over the world in places like thailand, costa rica, greece etc where you can either volunteer (doing stuff like turtle and elephant conservation) or do packages where you can travel- but you’d be with other solo travellers. It’s a great way to make friends aswell as there will be loads of people your age going solo who don’t want to be alone aswell! They’re a really good company and can answer any questions, but i highly recommend going i had a great time!
Reply 9
Original post by londonmyst
You can go on holiday alone or find another individual who is looking for a travel partner online.
Plenty of websites for this.
Personally I prefer travelling solo.
Good luck!

hey, I'm thinking of traveling, I've never really traveled anywhere alone before could you kindly recommend a destination suitable for solo travel? Additionally, any insights on where I can connect with other solo travelers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Original post by kbarbosa
hey, I'm thinking of traveling, I've never really traveled anywhere alone before could you kindly recommend a destination suitable for solo travel? Additionally, any insights on where I can connect with other solo travelers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

For my first solo travel, I've been into Singapore, and it was the best decision that I made for first time traveller… you could check here some of the things you could do if you visit Singapore https://www.klook.com/blog/things-to-do-in-singapore/ Singapore was really fascinating. My favorite place that I visit was the gardens by the Bay it was breathtaking and fascinating when you go there it feels like you were on a different dimension. but for my solo travel I did hire a guide which was really helpful and less hassle my guide was perfect and entertaining, recommended for first time travel. You could check it here https://gowithguide.com/singapore . but whatever you are choosing place to visit, I hope you enjoy your experience as a solo travel!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending