The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Knogle
Hmmm I wonder how they can use a non-standardized examination to "fill the game" for an internationally accepted exam? This transcript thing seems way more suitable for US admissions, rather than the UK.

How much did you raise? :smile:

Oh. as in they will put more emphasis on the A's, but this will serve as an indicator of sorts.

I think we had a $20000 profit. which was around what we planned for and expected.
You organised Viesta Soleil? Viesta Soleil was great. I actually went in '04 cos my senior in J2 at that time asked me to buy tickets. haha. the enthusiasim kinda rubbed off me ever since. lol.

haha. is your identity secret?
Reply 781
acezhiquan
Oh. as in they will put more emphasis on the A's, but this will serve as an indicator of sorts.

I think we had a $20000 profit. which was around what we planned for and expected.
You organised Viesta Soleil? Viesta Soleil was great. I actually went in '04 cos my senior in J2 at that time asked me to buy tickets. haha. the enthusiasim kinda rubbed off me ever since. lol.

haha. is your identity secret?

Top secret. :biggrin: Glad you guys hit your target!

If only you could receive those big donations like they did during the President's Star Charity... $1.5mn from the Lee Foundation?! ;yikes; :p:
Knogle
Top secret. :biggrin: Glad you guys hit your target!

If only you could receive those big donations like they did during the President's Star Charity... $1.5mn from the Lee Foundation?! ;yikes; :p:

I see... top secret... haha.. tell me when you come back to VJ. are you from the SC?. I'm not, but it sounds to me like you were.

Clues i think i have
-03 batch
-probably from SC
-probably 4 A's
-LSE
-most probably scholarship holder
-guy

shall try to decode all this. lol

haha.. president's star charity. that's a different league altogether. lol
Reply 783
acezhiquan
I see... top secret... haha.. tell me when you come back to VJ. are you from the SC?. I'm not, but it sounds to me like you were.

Clues i think i have
-03 batch
-probably from SC
-probably 4 A's
-LSE
-guy

3 of those 6 are correct for me.

:eek:

P.S. My identity is secret as well. :ninja: :p:
P.P.S. I'm assuming you're excluding PW as one of your A Level subjects as well. :redface:
Reply 784
acezhiquan

Clues i think i have
-03 batch
-probably from SC
-probably 4 A's
-LSE
-guy

Yikes, have I been leaving that many clues? *zip* :ninja: ;yikes;
acezhiquan, i take bribes in book vouchers. :biggrin:
Reply 786
life_rockz

*COUGH*

:wink:
life_rockz

i gather you know both their identities. kino or borders?. i personally would take kino. LOL.:biggrin:

hmm.... knogle and nutter are just so elusive...

lol

i found another clue!
-You know maximillian and michelle. which says quite a lot. lol
Reply 788
acezhiquan
We're going to have this stupid "transcript" thingy at the end of this year(sec 4) which basically comprises of
1. Your EOY exam results
2. CT testimonial
3. CCA records and achievements

and to quote the head of my programme, " it will be used in UK admissions, to fill in the gap for GCSEs" !!!!!!!!!!

so although i've started revision for EOY(early october), haha.. this september holidays are set to be a mass mugging session.

Doesn't the UCAS application form take predicted GCSE results instead of actual EOY exam results? Hmmm. Predicted results always look sooo much better. :p:
Kino. I just got my reading list. *sobz.

(although secretly rejoices because she's a nerd at heart and an avid bookworm. More books to read in a month than I have in a year whoopeeeeeeeeeeee!)

Ends aside

Soooo. What's everyone up to nowadays? :biggrin:
Reply 790
Val, you make me sick! :eek:

:puke:

But I'm proud of you/happy for you that you're going to go insane with all those books though. :smile: Have you bought/borrowed them already?
sangoire
Doesn't the UCAS application form take predicted GCSE results instead of actual EOY exam results? Hmmm. Predicted results always look sooo much better. :p:

really? i'll go check, but if it's true i think that'll be better.

life_rockz: what's on your reading list? classics or postmodern-ish novels?
Reply 792
acezhiquan
really? i'll go check, but if it's true i think that'll be better.

life_rockz: what's on your reading list? classics or postmodern-ish novels?

You can access her reading list HERE. :hubba:
Reply 793
Nutter

;laugh; She'll get her BA in Lad Mags.
Reply 794
sangoire
;laugh; She'll get her BA in Lad Mags.

Val can probably earn herself a Doctorate in that! :eek:

You know, it comes with experience. :hubba: :wink:
acezhiquan: everything from the 1300s till now.

nutter: two words: libel. suit.

sangoire: for your own sake luv, don't get involved :p:
Reply 796
sangoire: for your own sake luv, don't get involved

Notice that I didn't add anything in reply? Hehe. :p: I am the dove of peace.
Reply 797
Nutter

:rofl:

Okay, that was pretty darn funny. :biggrin:
Lol. everything from the 1300s!. that's nice. lol. i'm not like you. I regret taking Lit for the past two years because i'm not going to take it for A levels. lol.

just curious, has Physics Chemistry Economics and Math always been the popular subj combination? my cohort has like 90/119 people wanting to do this exact combination.
Reply 799
acezhiquan
Lol. everything from the 1300s!. that's nice. lol. i'm not like you. I regret taking Lit for the past two years because i'm not going to take it for A levels. lol.

just curious, has Physics Chemistry Economics and Math always been the popular subj combination? my cohort has like 90/119 people wanting to do this exact combination.

In my batch, that subject combination was the 2nd most popular (7 classes), just after the Triple Science+Maths combination (8 classes). The third most popular one was the Chem, Bio, Maths and Econcs combination (5 classes). I suspect the combinations involving Bio to dip in popularity over time as more and more people realise (and are convinced) that you do not need Biology to gain entry into a Medicine course in most countries, including Singapore and the UK.

And :five:; Literature is for the insecure. :vroam: :p:

Quick Reply

Latest