The Student Room Group

Im not enjoying what I do

Hi ive never used this before so not sure if this is right, but i really need some advice. I have been at uni for about a month now and i am really not enjoying myself, im missing home loads and i swear the main aim of the lectures is to kill your passion of history!! i just dont know what to do, i have spoken to my parents and boyfriend about it and they all say that a month isnt enough time :L i have also spoken to student services but then never got back to me. i just feel completely lost as what ever i do i feel like ive failed. x
Original post by Anonymous
Hi ive never used this before so not sure if this is right, but i really need some advice. I have been at uni for about a month now and i am really not enjoying myself, im missing home loads and i swear the main aim of the lectures is to kill your passion of history!! i just dont know what to do, i have spoken to my parents and boyfriend about it and they all say that a month isnt enough time :L i have also spoken to student services but then never got back to me. i just feel completely lost as what ever i do i feel like ive failed. x

For anyone in your situation (and I have been in that situation myself) these are the key things I ask:
- Have you spoken to your personal tutor
- Have you spoken to the person dealing with pastoral care in your degree
- Have you spoken in person to anyone in the student services
- Have you considered a couple of counselling sessions who will be able to help you to see things in a different light
- Are you eating properly?
- Are you drinking/smoking (if so, these are mood changers and depressants and you are best off laying off them)
- Are you sleeping properly
- Are you getting exercise
- Are you making sure you are spending time outside everyday (its easy to lay in bed all day)

With regard to your degree, you are best trying to talk to your personal tutor also about this, perhaps they could help you see things in perspective, often in many degrees you have to do all the boring basic things in your first year so that you can do optional more fun things in your later years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending