The Student Room Group

Psychology or Criminology at college?

im doing my first year at college but feel i need to repeat year 12.
i dont know what to do next year. im doing psychology at the moment but in not enjoying it as much as i thought i would. is criminology a better or worse decision?
What sort of career are you hoping to go into?
Reply 2
Original post by bones-mccoy
What sort of career are you hoping to go into?

I want to be some sort of gp . This would only be a third a level as there’s nothing else my college offers.
Original post by Izzie.2024
im doing my first year at college but feel i need to repeat year 12.
i dont know what to do next year. im doing psychology at the moment but in not enjoying it as much as i thought i would. is criminology a better or worse decision?
Hello, I think this decision really depends on what you want to do in the future! If your future plans aren't limited by what A Levels you do, then I absolutely recommend doing something else you would enjoy more. However, it may be worth considering that psychology is counted as a science by a lot of universities so it may be more beneficial future university applications to stick with it if you plan on going into anything science related.
Best of luck with the future!
-Kat (2nd year undergraduate psychology student at Lancaster University)
Original post by Izzie-sw
I want to be some sort of gp . This would only be a third a level as there’s nothing else my college offers.

GP as in a general practitioner? In which case, there wouldn't be much difference between choosing psychology over criminology or vice versa, as long as you have your sciences and maths in there as well.
Ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending