The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Has anyone got an offer from the University of Birmingham yet?

Scroll to see replies

Got a letter saying that they are recommending to the university to give me an offer, so I assume that's an offer... (Medical Sciences by the way)
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 41
I sent my UCAS off on the 8th of October. I really want Birmingham to make me an offer :frown: I applied for A2B and heard it takes longer to process, I just want an offer A2B or not! :biggrin:
Not me but I know someone that got the offer A*AA for maths
Original post by jboy337
I sent my UCAS off on the 8th of October. I really want Birmingham to make me an offer :frown: I applied for A2B and heard it takes longer to process, I just want an offer A2B or not! :biggrin:

So a2b takes longer, does it? (I've applied for it). When do you reckon we'll hear back? (I hope it's soon:tongue:)
Reply 44
Original post by jboy337

I applied much later and with A2B, I still get an invitation to visit the Uni and informal interview.
Original post by Rtcw
I applied much later and with A2B, I still get an invitation to visit the Uni and informal interview.

When did you get the invite?:smile:
Reply 46
Original post by Fortitude
When did you get the invite?:smile:

Yesterday
Oh cool, well done, when did you send your application off?:smile:
Original post by Rtcw
Yesterday

Sorry for all the qs :colondollar: but did you receive any email regarding your A2B application?:redface:
Reply 49
Oh cool, well done, when did you send your application off?:smile:

15th October

Sorry for all the qs :colondollar: but did you receive any email regarding your A2B application?:redface:

One email said my application is being considered along with a profile picture from A2B officer with her boyfriend in it (Don't ask me how)
Original post by Rtcw
15th October

One email said my application is being considered along with a profile picture from A2B officer with her boyfriend in it (Don't ask me how)

Thanks, I sent mine off about a week ago, so I'm still waiting as I haven't heard anything regarding my A2B, just acknowledgement. Good luck with everything!!:biggrin:
I applied for L100 Economics at Birmingham on the 19th October and I got an offer of AAA or AABB on the 26th. They got back to me really quickly and I didn't even have to go for interview...very impressed with the admissions at Birmingham.
Reply 52
Yeah my teacher told me that the deadline for A2B was end of November - so they wouldn't give offers before then. What you guys applying to study? I've applied to do English Literature & Philosophy. I REALLY hope they give me an offer, even just a standard one :biggrin:
I had my offer for Economic history today, and I sent it off on the 25th of October :smile: Apparently, they can take a while to reply!
I got r-r-r-r-rejected!
Lol, not exactly sure why (I sent them an email) as I have nearly perfect marks and have offers from higher-ranked schools, but oh well =)
Good luck to the rest of you!
Reply 55
Original post by WhimsyMelody
I got r-r-r-r-rejected!
Lol, not exactly sure why (I sent them an email) as I have nearly perfect marks and have offers from higher-ranked schools, but oh well =)
Good luck to the rest of you!

No way! What subject for? And AS grades and predictions?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 56
Original post by SoundDude
My friend got an offer from Birmingham for economics :smile:

What were the required grades?
Original post by ceotel3
No way! What subject for? And AS grades and predictions?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Psychology and Psychological Research MSci, but no Psychology BSc offer either.

I'm from America so I have very different qualifications, but comparatively, I recently got a full scholarship offer to study year 3+4 at Yale.
3.95 GPA, 28 university classes, 24 As, 2 A-, B+, B.

I sent in an email asking for an explanation, so I'll update with more information when I hear back from admissions.

I wish everyone else the best of luck and hope their applications receive better news than mine =)
Reply 58
Hey Guys, im totally new btw. I want to get on the A2B scheme for Birmingham Uni and im in the process of completing the form... im sort of stuck on the last box where it asks me to write out why i should be chosen. Im totally unsure as to what I need to flag up on this, could you guys offer any help?
Original post by Sophie_worther
I sent my application on Monday (15/10/12) and was wondering if Birmingham have started giving out offers yet? I hope they aren't one of those uni's which wait till the January UCAS deadline! I've applied for BSc Geography :smile:

I sent mine out on the 12th (our in-school deadline for oxbridge/medicine was the Friday). Me and a friend both got offers on the 20th for maths and another friend has an interview during his AVD for Mech engineering in a couple of weeks. What i will say is that if they haven't rejected you yet you're definitely in consideration for a place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending