The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queens University Belfast, 2013 applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Niamh95
Hey i'm from Manchester, England how about you?

Belfast!!:biggrin:

Original post by lilGem
Thanks for the reassurance, I haven't heard anything either but I can log onto the applicant portal :s-smilie:

applicant portal? whats that?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 21
Original post by JustDisturbia
Belfast!!:biggrin:

applicant portal? whats that?

prospective student portal http://knock.qub.ac.uk/myqueens/login.php you can check the status of your application on it as well :smile:
Reply 22
I applied and just received an offer to do an MA at Queen's! It is my first choice, so I will likely accept :biggrin:. I'm just really nervous about funding as I am an international student
Original post by Andreaa
I applied and just received an offer to do an MA at Queen's! It is my first choice, so I will likely accept :biggrin:. I'm just really nervous about funding as I am an international student

Congrats! that means theyre giving out offers now! when did you sent off your application?
Reply 24
Original post by JustDisturbia
Congrats! that means theyre giving out offers now! when did you sent off your application?

Only about a week and a half ago! I'm guessing that since I sent it off so early, there weren't that many to go through. hah. I'm just happy that I now have a very viable option for next year! (I was so afraid of having to answer all of the "What are you doing next year?" questions without a good answer!)
Reply 25
Original post by Andreaa
Only about a week and a half ago! I'm guessing that since I sent it off so early, there weren't that many to go through. hah. I'm just happy that I now have a very viable option for next year! (I was so afraid of having to answer all of the "What are you doing next year?" questions without a good answer!)

that's od I sent mine off mid September, unles you're just a post grad applicant which makes more sense
Reply 26
Original post by TheDukeFitz
Applying for software engineering and computer science.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I did as well.....both BEng??
Original post by ENiceGuy

I applied for BEng software engineering:biggrin:
Original post by ENiceGuy

Yeah both BEng :smile:..

Are you moving to the QUB accommodation ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 29
Anyone got any more offers? I am so scared they're gunna reject me :frown:

Also, I've heard that most people who go to QUB are Irish and therefore go home on weekends - anyone else worried about this? Definitely don't want to be alone on weekends instead of going out!
Original post by Cazza180

Also, I've heard that most people who go to QUB are Irish and therefore go home on weekends - anyone else worried about this? Definitely don't want to be alone on weekends instead of going out!

this is true,but there is also the people that live in belfast,although they may be still living at home they would be up for going out like a regular night. also there are many from england etc who have no choice to stay..and some of the irish stay up too because they have full time jobs in belfast:smile:
Reply 31

Yeah most people at QUB are from around Northern Ireland so a lot usually go home at the weekends. It is quite quiet but you will soon appreciate the weekends! :smile: In the week is pretty hectic so you won't be missing out on too much! You will probably meet other GB/International students too, so you won't completely be on your own....so don't worry! :smile:
Reply 32

if I go I'll be there during weekends :smile:
Reply 33
Thanks for the replys guys, less worried now :biggrin: do any of you already go there?
Reply 34
Original post by lilGem
if I go I'll be there during weekends :smile:

ooh, lets hope we both get in! :wink: :tongue:
Reply 35
ooh, lets hope we both get in! :wink: :tongue:

I'm actually getting so impatient they're the last I need to hear from :facepalm: and will be my probably insurance if January exams go badly. . .if I get a place :colondollar:
Reply 36
Thanks for the replys guys, less worried now :biggrin: do any of you already go there?

Yeah I already go there, it's amazing!
Believe me you are all making the best choice to come to QUB! :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by lilGem
I'm actually getting so impatient they're the last I need to hear from :facepalm: and will be my probably insurance if January exams go badly. . .if I get a place :colondollar:

Ah exciting! Where else have you applied to?
Reply 38
Original post by Niagly
Yeah I already go there, it's amazing!
Believe me you are all making the best choice to come to QUB! :smile:

Do you mind if I ask what you're studying? :smile:

I'm worried as its so far from home - but it seems amazing! Haven't had a chance to go to an open day though.
Reply 39
Do you mind if I ask what you're studying? :smile:

I'm worried as its so far from home - but it seems amazing! Haven't had a chance to go to an open day though.

I am studying Economics :smile: what have you applied too?
First time I saw Belfast was the day I arrived to move into accommodation! If you have any questions feel free to inbox me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending