The Student Room Group

University Applicant Response

I am naturally quite a worrier, so when I found out that the university I want to attend has responded to my classmates and sow quickly given them offers it confused me. It's not that THEY got them (I'm really proud of them) but the fact ANYONE got the offers since I was made to believe Queen's Belfast (the university I want to get into) don't send offers sometimes for atleast a few months after the application deadline (31 January). I asked one of my teachers and they said that since my course choices for Queen's are split between departments it will take longer for them to respond to me as they have more people to consider. My classmates received their offers BEFORE the deadline which I didn't even know Queen's did. Andddddd one of their course choices is in the same department as mine. I know I am worrying too much but since someone I know who is currently attending it took like 3 or 4 mths to hear back from them, I don't want to be dreading a response for the next few months just for it to be a rejection. I already have my A Level for the course I want and I've done pretty well. I don't feel entitled to a place there, nor do I feel slighted by other people's success, I'm just confused by how they decide to send offers. I honestly don't understand this stuff. Could anyone help?
Original post by chloe0bates
I am naturally quite a worrier, so when I found out that the university I want to attend has responded to my classmates and sow quickly given them offers it confused me. It's not that THEY got them (I'm really proud of them) but the fact ANYONE got the offers since I was made to believe Queen's Belfast (the university I want to get into) don't send offers sometimes for atleast a few months after the application deadline (31 January). I asked one of my teachers and they said that since my course choices for Queen's are split between departments it will take longer for them to respond to me as they have more people to consider. My classmates received their offers BEFORE the deadline which I didn't even know Queen's did. Andddddd one of their course choices is in the same department as mine. I know I am worrying too much but since someone I know who is currently attending it took like 3 or 4 mths to hear back from them, I don't want to be dreading a response for the next few months just for it to be a rejection. I already have my A Level for the course I want and I've done pretty well. I don't feel entitled to a place there, nor do I feel slighted by other people's success, I'm just confused by how they decide to send offers. I honestly don't understand this stuff. Could anyone help?

There are countless reasons why one candidate might get an decision, (even for the same course), quicker than another. Few of them have any relation as to how strong an applicant you are or how likely you are to receive an offer.

They have until May if you applied pre-deadline. You'll be considered exactly the same as anyone else and unis don't run out of offers to give.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending