The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Law career - QUB or Exeter?

I'm an international student currently going into clearing as I missed my grades for my law offers, but am still keen on pursuing a career as a solicitor in England.

At the moment, I'm looking to do a different course (History & Politics/Anthropology & Politics/Geography), then do the GDL and the unis I'm kind of torn between Queen's Uni Belfast and Exeter. Which would you personally choose if you were in this position?

I like QUB better in terms of the environment, culture and living cost in comparison to Exeter. The only thing is that it's in Ireland and with Exeter being in England, I feel it might give me better opportunities for networking/internships and such compared to Belfast. Trying to keep a composed head and not panic since going into clearing.

Any pieces of advice and opinions are welcome!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm an international student currently going into clearing as I missed my grades for my law offers, but am still keen on pursuing a career as a solicitor in England.

At the moment, I'm looking to do a different course (History & Politics/Anthropology & Politics/Geography), then do the GDL and the unis I'm kind of torn between Queen's Uni Belfast and Exeter. Which would you personally choose if you were in this position?

I like QUB better in terms of the environment, culture and living cost in comparison to Exeter. The only thing is that it's in Ireland and with Exeter being in England, I feel it might give me better opportunities for networking/internships and such compared to Belfast. Trying to keep a composed head and not panic since going into clearing.

Any pieces of advice and opinions are welcome!

Hi there - we're really happy your considering The University of Exeter. I'm sorry to hear that you missed our on your original offers. Firstly I would strongly recommend applying as soon as possible. For Exeter you just need to look up the course on our Clearing pages https://vacancies.exeter.ac.uk/clearing/international/ and fill out the online form. I'm not sure if Exeter was one of your original choices but at the time of replying there is some vacancies for Law so you might consider making a clearing application for that. You could also submit for an alternative courseYou can contact other universities as well and see what offers you get back. Each university will have a slightly different approach as to how they will handle clearing enquiries and applications. If you are accepted then you have to formally submit your UCAS application to that institution to secure your place.

While the universities consider your clearing application you can carry on and research which city may give you the student experience you are hoping for. At Exeter, the main campus, Streatham is set slightly away from the City Centre in Exeter but still very much within walking distance. There is extensive grounds and plenty of academic and non-academic facilities including our sports park. On our website you can take a virtual tour or view a drone flyover. It could also be worthwhile checking out our Student Guild to see the many societies available that could really help you to engage with student life in Exeter.

I hope that gives you a good starting point and helps in the decision making.
Chris
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending