The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queens University Belfast, 2013 applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Cazza180
Ah exciting! Where else have you applied to?

Exeter, UEA, Sheffield and Oxford Brookes all of which gave me offers :h:

What about you? which course as well? :smile:
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 41
Original post by Niagly
I am studying Economics :smile: what have you applied too?
First time I saw Belfast was the day I arrived to move into accommodation! If you have any questions feel free to inbox me!

Nice, I've applied for English lit.
Ah that's reassuring then! Haha. Thankyou, i will :biggrin:
Reply 42
Original post by lilGem
Exeter, UEA, Sheffield and Oxford Brookes all of which gave me offers :h:

What about you? which course as well? :smile:

Ooh nice, which is your favourite? I've also applied to Glasgow, Leeds, Birmingham and Sheffield!
For English Lit, how about you?

My teachers were really slow so my UCAS only got sent off on monday, so no offers yet. Fingers crossed! :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 43
Ooh nice, which is your favourite? I've also applied to Glasgow, Leeds, Birmingham and Sheffield!
For English Lit, how about you?

My teachers were really slow so my UCAS only got sent off on monday, so no offers yet. Fingers crossed! :s-smilie:

I think either Exeter or UEA (which is good offer-wise for a firm and insurance) for biological sciences :h:

I pestered my teacher the second week back from summer to send mine off, I only started hearing things from unis 2 weeks ago :eek: most people heard back a lot quicker :yep:

Sheffield don't send acknowledgements as a heads up :smile:
Reply 44
I applied for Psychology, Philosophy and Criminology.

Tailored my PS for Psychology though. :smile:

Sent my application of on the 26th Oct. So nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
I've applied for History SH and History and Social Anthropology JH.

My personal statement doesn't mention social anthropology as I have applied for straight history everywhere else. I have mentioned bits about culture and society and I study both geography and economics (obviously aswell as history) all of which can be applied to social anthropology.

I have 4 As at AS Level and I'm predicted 3 As at A2, in the subjects I'm continuing. This is well above the 3 Bs needed to study History and Anthropology.

Do you think I'll get an offer even though my personal statement doesn't exactly focus on social anthropology?
Original post by Coonor
I've applied for History SH and History and Social Anthropology JH.

My personal statement doesn't mention social anthropology as I have applied for straight history everywhere else. I have mentioned bits about culture and society and I study both geography and economics (obviously aswell as history) all of which can be applied to social anthropology.

I have 4 As at AS Level and I'm predicted 3 As at A2, in the subjects I'm continuing. This is well above the 3 Bs needed to study History and Anthropology.

Do you think I'll get an offer even though my personal statement doesn't exactly focus on social anthropology?

I think so, in my mind some courses rely on the personal statement, i.e nursing etc, but for some other courses (history,computer science-which is what i have applied for) its just an extra bonus to get to know you whereas offers are based on grades. Id say it would be pretty rare for Queens to turn you down with AAA for a BBB course just because your personal statement didn't focus entirely on what you want to study:biggrin:. Sometimes they use personal statements to make a decision between two people, say if they have the same grades but I don't think that will happen since youre predicted AAA :smile:
Reply 47
Applying for actuarial science.
Reply 48
Original post by lilGem
I think either Exeter or UEA (which is good offer-wise for a firm and insurance) for biological sciences :h:

I pestered my teacher the second week back from summer to send mine off, I only started hearing things from unis 2 weeks ago :eek: most people heard back a lot quicker :yep:

Sheffield don't send acknowledgements as a heads up :smile:

Ahh ok thanks, thats reassuring! Good to know that sheffield don't just hate me hahah! Fingers crossed :biggrin:
Reply 49
Ahh ok thanks, thats reassuring! Good to know that sheffield don't just hate me hahah! Fingers crossed :biggrin:

Good luck! :biggrin:
Anyone applying for Zoology?
Reply 51
Original post by TheDukeFitz
Yeah both BEng :smile:..

Are you moving to the QUB accommodation ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Haha...i wish they would hurry up and reply or at least send an acknowledgement. Yeh i will hopefully, its definitely going as my firm or insurance so im really hoping to get an offer. What about you?
Reply 52
I've applied for Pharmacy and also Chemistry, tried and failed to get in last year, better luck second time round I hope hahahaa
Is anyone applying for architecture? :smile:
Reply 54
im applying for Nursing at Queens :biggrin:
Reply 55
I'm applying for nursing also :smile:)
Reply 56
I want to hear something, anything, an acknowledgement :puppyeyes:
Reply 57
Original post by lilGem
I want to hear something, anything, an acknowledgement :puppyeyes:

As far as I'm aware, they've started sending out offers :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by CD315

:eek: do you know which ones? :s-smilie:
Original post by CD315

Original post by lilGem
:eek: do you know which ones? :s-smilie:

eeeeek! it would be good to hear something atleast!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending