The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
so many neckbeards here and other places on the internet who probably can't get with the opposite sex and are now taking out their frustration on this hapless young girl who's naivety has been condemned beyond reason

oh well don't hesistate, let all the blind hate flow as freely as possible :lol:
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
To be fair she was a bit of a slag so if you count that as a life.

So promiscuous girls (I'd say she was more naive and vulnerable) are unworthy to live by your logic?
Original post by Stardust Mirage
Well she must be really stupid to flash her breasts to strangers even if she was 13. Just saying 13 year olds are stupid doesn't justify it.

More like she was insecure and naive.
Reply 83
Original post by Tuerin
If you read another of my posts you will see that I have, yes.

For me you never say: "Well that happens, nothing you can do about it". Because it's just not right what happens to children up and down the country. On the issue of domestic violence particularly in London, the government spends a lot of time and money cutting it out, on initiatives and awareness programs. Why not for bullying? It's not good enough to just accept it. We need to crush these bully's who are ruining children's lives.

I've been bullied as well. It hurts.
Original post by Stardust Mirage
Im sick of people telling other people off because they don't they don't care about Amanda Todd. Yh she got bullied, which was wrong; however it was her actions that lead to that. There are many people who has experienced worse things and depression. In today's society depression isn't uncommon, but those people had to courage to carry on living. People who support her is essentially glorifying suicide. No one would of cared if she hadn't posted a video on youtube.

There are many victims of bullying, why do you just care about Amanda Todd? Because she killed herself? It was her actions that lead to the bullying. What would you expect if you flashed your breasts to strangers and slept around with other people's boyfriends. She was basically a whore. It was obvious that no one was gonna respect her for what she did.

She took the coward way out. I do not have any respect people who suicides except from extreme cases. Imagine what her parents felt like when they discovered her body. She was selfish, killing her selves did not solve any problems, but instead it scarred he family for life.

I've seen victims bullies in a much worse position than her. Amanda was spoilt, she had a good family and life, but she was the one who destroyed it. Im not gonna reply to haters because everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think yours is stupid.

Preach it.
It is shocking how many people have jumped on the sympathy train for Amanda Todd - of course being bullied wasn't her choice and I'm not saying she deserved it at all, but she hardly helped matters by flashing her self online and sleeping with someone else's boyfriend :s-smilie:
Reply 86
I didn't know her, nor do I know the intimate details of what actually happened.

All I know is that a 15 year old girl ended her life, and her grieving family are left behind to deal with not only the fact that they have lost her to suicide, but that everyone is deciding whether or not to have sympathy for her.. How that girl must have felt to feel there was no hope for her, how unhappy she must have been - I don't care if she 'brought it on herself' or not, I feel so sad for her that she could be that unhappy, and I have the deepest sympathy for her family who have been left behind to deal with this.
Original post by sarahthegemini
It is shocking how many people have jumped on the sympathy train for Amanda Todd - of course being bullied wasn't her choice and I'm not saying she deserved it at all, but she hardly helped matters by flashing her self online and sleeping with someone else's boyfriend :s-smilie:

You're saying she hardly helped matters by having breasts and having sex?

Someone else blackmailed her because she had breasts and lots of people shamed and bullied her because she had breasts? I'm glad I don't have breasts.

I doubt the boyfriend had any abuse or bullying, or even contemplated suicide.
Original post by seanseansean
You're saying she hardly helped matters by having breasts and having sex?

Someone else blackmailed her because she had breasts and lots of people shamed and bullied her because she had breasts? I'm glad I don't have breasts.

I doubt the boyfriend had any abuse or bullying, or even contemplated suicide.

No, no. What I meant was this: If someone is being bullied, then logically they would try to do as much as possible to stop this. However, Amanda went on to sleep with a guy that had a gf. Which in turn, caused more bullying. As I said, I don't think she deserved it, but she must have realised that doing that wouldn't help. It's not the fact she had sex that encouraged the bullying - it's the fact she slept with a guy that had a gf. You seem to have skimmed that part of the story.
(edited 11 years ago)
No, no. What I meant was this: If someone is being bullied, then logically they would try to do as much as possible to stop this. However, Amanda went on to sleep with a guy that had a gf. Which in turn, caused more bullying. As I said, I don't think she deserved it, but she must have realised that doing that wouldn't help. It's not the fact she had sex that encouraged the bullying - it's the fact she slept with a guy that had a gf. You seem to have skimmed that part of the story.

It's two people that chose to sleep together, it was personal mistake involving the boyfriend, girlfriend and Amanda Todd. Can you ever imagine the boyfriend receiving that kind of abuse and shaming? I don't see how anyone can see the fact that she was victimised so much as 'bringing it on herself'.
Reply 90
Original post by Tuerin
If you can actually explain to me any specific method the government could actually stop bullying from occurring then I would agree with you. I just don't see the practicality of attempting to eradicate bullying. Using government to attempt to extinguish bullying is like using a sledgehammer to try to exterminate a cockroach infestation in your house.

In the States they are running a campaign called "Be A Star". You've got many high profile celebrities getting involved in this. We need campaigns, that is a start.

We also need social networks monitored, that is number two. Number three is harsher punishments in schools for bullying. There are many ways, but your attitude of "it happens, nothing we can do" just makes me a bit sick to be honest, you've obviously never experienced bullying at the highest level. I'm not ready to give up on my country yet.
Original post by Kiss
I really wonder if you'd still apply that logic to the likes of Hitler or Stalin.

Yes.

However in this context that is rather ridiculous.
Reply 92
I wonder if all these people who say they feel sorry, are upset and crying about her death cry every time they read about a fatality in the newspaper... I'm sorry I can't feel emphathy for somebody I don't and would have never known. Does that mean I agree with the slant she's getting? Of course not. Let her R.I.P.
Reply 93
Original post by CJKay
She had sex with a guy in the full knowledge that he had a girlfriend. :s-smilie:

I know... I just was trying not to be so explicit :colondollar:
TSR really depresses me sometimes. The lack of empathy and misogyny often expressed here is just astonishing.
Reply 95
Original post by Jackso
Eh, she was 13 when she did that. Everyone did stupid things when they were 13 years old - you just don't expect someone to become that obsessed over you. Although I'm not entirely convinced you're not just trying to be 'edgy' by bashing something 'popular' at the moment.

She had a webcam at 13?! I wasn't even allowed my own laptop till I was 17.. when I paid for it myself. :frown:
Reply 96
I don't understand why people have made such a fuss over her, more than 12 adolescents in the UK kill themselves as a direct result of bullying. Yes it is sad that she lost her life due to bullying because no one should have to put up with the torment of it. Just because she put her story on Youtube doesn't make her any different to the 60+% of children that face bullying everyday. The people who I went to school with who bullied people, me, my classmates all now think saying "bullying is wrong" is fashionable. It's hypocritical and it's not changing people's attitudes.
Original post by Historicity
Wow.

I come back on this morning and there are 23 positive reps as if to say they agree, almost/ the same amount as those who have disagreed.

A young girl died and people are basically saying 'so what, her fault, who cares?'

Shaking my head guys, shaking my head. Maybe one day you'll be in the position where you want to run from your mistakes, maybe you'll bump into people like you.

Ah shhh you moral crusader.

That Amanda chick had absolutely no monopoly on 'feeling really **** about life'. You do not get an automatic free pass to respect from complete strangers just because you're a young pretty white girl who topped yourself.

Us folk you wish that upon, more than likely half of us have had really bad times that equal or exceed the bull**** she went through.

She's dead, her issues are over, but the pointless bandwagon moralizing circle-jerk is just an ongoing embarrassment.

You don't run from mistakes you face them, and try and fix what you can.

Original post by seanseansean
Except she didn't flash herself all over the internet, a 32 year old man did. I doubt she would have flashed anyone if she knew how much hate she would get for it.

That's one story, others tell she made quite a habit of exhibiting herself, and pointing out her less than angelic conduct.

Basically she was no angel. Again it's a shame she died, crying shame, I feel bad for her parents/family. But she apparently had a hand in her own shunning, by her poor decisions and **** behaviour.

Idolizing her over people who are genuinely ripped on beyond their control for no real reason is the actual tragedy of bullying.
Literally **** the human race. I knew humans were scum but i didn't how bad they were until after reading this story. People are saying say deserved to die because she exposed herself- wtf show me the logic in that. Bunch of ****ing sheep that's what humans are- can't think for themselves. What is wrong with being a whore or slut anyway- how have these words become insults and so offensive. Why don't people just say sleeping around with many men or something like that

She actually done the girlfriend of the boyfriend a favor by showing her what he is like. I bet you the boyfriend who cheated didn't get any bullying.

Latest

Trending

Trending